15.22%
    It was okay A= 76
    35.87%
    Easy A= 79
    27.17%
    Very Easy A=82
    21.74%

ReputationRep:
    What do people think will come up after looking at past papers from 2012?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacksgap)
    Heyy do u know ethanoic acid how do u know if it's in excess.. it's not mentioned in the question.. 6 (e) Jan 2010
    Usually if it's a -diol it will form two ester linkages as there are 2 -OH groups to react.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the mechanism for the nucleophilic substitution reaction with ammonia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FLLF)
    Do we need to explain why branching in halogenoalkanes effects their rate of hydrolysis?
    Definitely!
    This couldn't be longer response as it was in January/June 2011 paper...
    But, it is a classic two marker in past examinations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dear A2 resit students (if theres any) ^_^
    What exam tip would u give to AS student now in terms of exam preparation for TOO many exams next year due to no Jan exams...

In terms when to start revising and HOW EARLY.. coz for my Biology exam I did today i cramped all the information yesterday in a day.

I seem to do these things last minute but still doesn't work best for me. Please any advise for next year when we're in A2.

THANK YOU ~ All the best with ur other exams.

ReputationRep:
    wish this was a morning exam...have physics wednesday morning so need to revise for that

ReputationRep:
    What exam tip would u give to AS student now in terms of exam preparation for TOO many exams next year due to no Jan exams...

In terms when to start revising and HOW EARLY.. coz for my Biology exam I did today i cramped all the information yesterday in a day.

I seem to do these things last minute but still doesn't work best for me. Please any advise for next year when we're in A2.

I'm an AS student, didn't have any Jan exams so have 9 this summer (2 left), Our school don't do them for sciences

I personally revise for a while and started in the Easter hols

ReputationRep:
    how do u name this molecule CH3COCH2COOH ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EL77)
    Does anyone have the mechanism for the nucleophilic substitution reaction with ammonia?
    I haven't produce notes with particular incidences with different nucleophiles..
    All I had done was include the different examples of commonly examined nucleophiles as comparisons during the length of time taken to actually create the electronegative detection and all...

It depends on the context; it is more important to realise that it is used in Nucleophilic Substitution as you have already pointed out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of a good definition for atom economy and percentage yield to differentiate between the two, making it clear which is which? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Is the exam at 1:00?

I thought it was in the morning!!!

Great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    wish this was a morning exam...have physics wednesday morning so need to revise for that
    I agree! and g482 is probably the hardest physics unit (personally) thats out of AS and A2!

ReputationRep:
    Could we ever get a question involving a di-alkene?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm also sitting this exam to boost my UMS, so I can maximise my chances of getting an A overall (A2 student).

How's everyone feeling? :3 I've done wayyy more preparation this time round than I did last summer, so I hope it shows in my UMS haha, we'll see!

Best of luck guys, I'll see you all the other side to panic over my answers ahaaa!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lagukage4)
    Does anyone know of a good definition for atom economy and percentage yield to differentiate between the two, making it clear which is which? Thanks in advance
    atom economy is: (sum of Mr of all desired products/sum of Mr of all reactants)x100

%yield is: (actual moles/theoretical moles)x100

ReputationRep:

• Do like my and start revising the day before the exam for each exam.
    • Cramming everything is the best thing because you will pack every information together for your exam.
    • Try again and it will work, you are just not used to it.

Your welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3.1415927)
    how do u name this molecule CH3COCH2COOH ?
    Well!?
    Drawing this out it looks strange but it is still possible to name it - but it just sounds out of regular context what we are use to doing.

NAME:
    3-oxobutanoic acid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/41702

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOJB)
    WHy do the not allow molecular formula? they always take marks off for it. i need to remember to use structural
    when your oxidising alcohols and when your reacting an acid with alcohol, the products have to be written using structural formula to clearly show what bonds/functional groups are present and where they are on the molecule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chemistry95)
    atom economy is: (sum of Mr of all desired products/sum of Mr of all reactants)x100

%yield is: (actual moles/theoretical moles)x100
    okay... so what does a high percentage yield show? regardless of atom economy.. and vice versa? (low yield, high atom econ)

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.