The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bliam
I didnt write what it was called, I said what functional group it would have and drew the structure? Marks?

That's fine, thats what I did, you would be awarded full marks
Reply 3181
Original post by Beanjamin
Who are you calling a prick lmao, I was being friendly - hence the smiley face...

lool he's mad, its not usually in the low 70's for a easy paper... its gonna be around 80 i think. Average mark
Reply 3182
Serious note what is full UMS going to be like? :s-smilie:
Reply 3183
Original post by niceguy95
No

The molecular number given was 72

Empirical formuula was c4h80 which has mr of 72

72/72 = 1 so the moevular formula was the same

C=o was resent but o-h was not

So it's either ketone or aldehyde

That is exactly what i put!! YAY :smile:
Original post by amin666
Butanal and 2 ethyle propanal

i got that too butanal and 2methylpropanal dyu think this would be right as most got butanal and butanone
Original post by Saif95
The space for the five marker where you had to identify the two structures was very small, I had to squeeze the answers in...:mad:

ikr!:angry:
Reply 3186
Original post by zangorou
Lovely paper.. Apart from the 250dm3 enthalpy change one. I put 1630 (ish), what did everyone else get?

It was 240dm cubed so it was 240/24 = 10moles then 5 x delta H which give you something in the 800's
Reply 3187
For anyone who is interested, the average grade boundary for this specification over the past 7 exams has been 77/100 for an A [may be skewed though because the lowest is quite low].

The maximum grade boundary has been 83/100 for an A and the minimum grade boundary has been 71/100 for an A.

This paper was ok i thought, except for the question where you had to draw in the 4 boxes D: Just have to wait and see!
Reply 3188
Original post by SamuelJ
Conditions of fermentation?
I put presence of yeast and 37°C but I'm not sure whether the first one is a 'condition' and the second one is absolutely necessary - just an optimum?

i put yeast a 25-45C, anaerobic without oxygen.
Reply 3189
Original post by Smko

Probably 97+
Reply 3190
Original post by cyiarik
For anyone who is interested, the average grade boundary for this specification over the past 7 exams has been 77/100 for an A [may be skewed though because the lowest is quite low].

The maximum grade boundary has been 83/100 for an A and the minimum grade boundary has been 71/100 for an A.

This paper was ok i thought, except for the question where you had to draw in the 4 boxes D: Just have to wait and see!

i'm putting money on it being 81-82/100 for an A
Original post by bliam
I did! But I only drew them out :/

Yh, i drew them out too.
Reply 3192
Original post by bambi77122
oh no i think i've already lost 10 marks :frown:

I probably lost a good ******* 30-40
For the free radical substitution could you not do CH3. +I2 --> CH3I + I.
As the second propagation step
Because I2 could be formed in a termination step? I. + I. --> I2
oh my

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can see this being 83 for an A like January 2012 tbh... The content wasn't too bad, but there were so many little marks that were easy to drop

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
what did people put for the last question on increase in tempreture and a catalyst added?
Original post by massi1296
i got that too butanal and 2methylpropanal dyu think this would be right as most got butanal and butanone

i put this
Original post by Smko

Probably about 94 UMS because in june 2011 it was 94 for Full UMS and looking through June 2011 it was of a Similar difficultly level.
Combustion Definition:

I put the enthalpy change when a 1 mole of substance completely reacts with oxygen in standard conditions and states.
Reply 3199
Original post by the A* guy
Probably about 94 UMS because in june 2011 it was 94 for Full UMS and looking through June 2011 it was of a Similar difficultly level.

how you know 94 for full? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending