It was okay A= 76
    35.87%
    Easy A= 79
    27.17%
    Very Easy A=82
    21.74%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wndms)
    Loved this paper apart from the IR question..
    I was like.. err is that broad or sharp? Aldehyde? Ketone? 2 aldehydes? Lol.
    Ended up having butanal and butan-2-one but I think its wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    Does anyone want me to upload the paper?
    YES!

ReputationRep:
    Is there a limit on what the grade boundary could be? Like, max for an A?

ReputationRep:
    Was there a reason that one question for enthalpy change had kJ units and not kJ/mol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil4)
    boundaries are going to be quite high i think, it was a gift of a paper.
    Yup, at least 80 for an A I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)
    Combustion Definition:

I put the enthalpy change when a 1 mole of substance completely reacts with oxygen in standard conditions and states.
    Will I get marks for writing element instead of substance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wait,wasnt radical substitution a qwc mark,so if i didnt get the termination right but got all thee other marks,shouldnt i get full marks because of the qwc ?

ReputationRep:
    Okay here is some of the marks I definetely lost more but this is the ones im sure:
    Didn't do the last yield question - run out of time. (2 marks lost)
    LOL the fermentation of glucose I did
    C6H12O6 -> 3CH3CH2OH + 1.5O2 (lost 1 mark) LOL That was a fail.
    Would I still able to get the condition mark for it even if I lost the equation mark?
    Yeast at 37*C
    Anaerobic (And funny thing, I said in bracket: In the presence of oxygen.) After the exam I noticed that I wrote that LOL So lost 1 mark there also.
    I got 0.82 (Lost 2 marks)
    and 0.082 (Lost 1 marks)
    For the NO2 questions lol For some reasons I was thinking it was in J so converted them by dividing by 1000 KJ.
    Lost more marks not bothered to search.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)
    It was Ketone and Aldehyde
    do you think ill get one mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Room4student)
    I got N then S a also picked CH3CH2CHClCH3 and reacted for when i reacted but-2-ene with HCl anyone else did that?

Yeah I did the same because it was reacted with but-2-ene which is a secondary alcohol. And it would of had to of reacted with a halogenoalkane thats halogen was on a second carbon so had to be that!

ReputationRep:
    Ok I am scanning the paper now

ReputationRep:
    Personally , most of these paper isn't that hard for all of you who did revise hard.

I didn't got much time to wrote all my answer down cause I only got 20mins after I check my ans tho.

Here I only post the question that I think is tricky

For 2d) the flow chart of 3-ethyl-cyclopentan-1-ol : top-left is ketone , top-right is ester , bottom two are 3-ethylpen-1-en, and there are two isomer , sorry about the problem of my photo upload
    (Some people might get 1 isomer and the other box is H2O (because there was a + between the box), the answer seems like wrong cuz the question ask about "organic compound",water isn't organic compound because there is no carbon.)

3 a) i am not sure about the name of the 2 functional group , but they are -C=C- and -COO-

4 v) when it ask about the black smoke and yellow flame? I said burning organic will have produce black smoke , not sure about the "incompletely combustion" is necessary?

5 b)when it ask about the N2+O2=2NO2 and given their enthalpy diagram. For the first part when it ask :"enthalpy change when forming 240dm3 of NO2" 240dm3 = (divide by 24)=10 mol and I remember the reaction has +164 , so 1640 kj

Second part it ask about the formation of each NO2, and I put 164/2 = 82kj

Later there was a question about the daily use of Mass spectrometry, I put "analyzing molecules in atmosphere." which I dont know if that is right ,cuz most of my friends put the machine the police use to test alcohol? I am Chinese , so disadvantage on me

And the one asking about What can you used to replace CFCs ? I have totally no idae , I just drop down something that have high octane number.

Hope you guys can help me !!!!

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the functional groups of the biodiesel molecule, ester and an alkene?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    Like if you want me to upload the paper
    Lol I like how you are saying that and then people will get excited and you will be like lol jk I was wanting to piss you all off lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is the unofficial mark scheme up yet

ReputationRep:
    OCR definately gnna get raided tonight. **** the ****ers trolly ****ing pikey *****

ReputationRep:
    Questions for define Enthalpy change of combustion:

- Enthalpy change when 1 mole of a substance
    - Burns completely in oxygen

^ the above is the marking points. You didn't need to say 'under STANDARD conditions' because it didn't say standard. If you did mention it then examiners would just ignore it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drplease)
    Lol I like how you are saying that and then people will get excited and you will be like lol jk I was wanting to piss you all off lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am not joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legal drugdealer)
    did anyone get carboxylic acid and ketone for the IR?
    couldn't have been a carboxylic acid because the empirical formula meant there was only one oxygen atom present in the molecule M and a carboxylic acid has two oxygen atoms (COOH), it was either a ketone or an aldehyde as both can have the same molecular formula (and Mr) since they are structural isomers and contain only one oxygen atom and a C=O group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    wait,wasnt radical substitution a qwc mark,so if i didnt get the termination right but got all thee other marks,shouldnt i get full marks because of the qwc ?
    In the question, they asked for one termination step in a bullet point. So I think that should worth a mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.