15.22%
    It was okay A= 76
    35.87%
    Easy A= 79
    27.17%
    Very Easy A=82
    21.74%

ReputationRep:
    Would I get away with just putting 'anaerobic (no oxygen)' for the conditions or did you need to put yeast too?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was quite easy, only one question I didn't get at all and it was a 1 marker:

State a biodegradable CFC (or something along those lines): I put Fluorinated hydrocarbons (cause the C-F bond can't break in UV light) but I'm really not sure? Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lysipud)
    Hmm I said because CO2 gas is being produced. Reacon I'll get a mark for that?
    Since when was CO2 not a colourless gas but CO was..?! If it had completely combusted, there would have been no smoke. I'm pretty sure it was due to unoxidised reactants being released as gas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pataiiii)
    Calm down mate, its ok if your poor at chemistry but there's no point venting out your anger on others.
    Jesus christ, you obviously don't know sarcasm when you see it haahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motivatedshroom)
    You guys are definitely right with the 820. I remember thinking about it and them not doing anything about it sadly in the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In my working out I got 820, but I think i put a wrong number on the answer line, will i lose the marks??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onkar-M)
    I was thinking breathalysers but I put measuring pollutants in the atmosphere because I saw that on a mark scheme too.
    Seems like I made careless mistakes like s4 not s4+. Hope it's around 76-77 for an A!
    For the s4 bit, that should be alright, when they ask for molecular ion values in terms of 23 m/z or 15 m/z, they do not penalise the + sign, look through some mark schemes to put you at ease

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawg)
    C4H9OH or C4H10O I think
    They won't accept c4h9oh because that's the general formula method

It's been in quite a few papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)
    My face when I saw the 7 marker Boltzman Distrubtion at the end :
    Name:  tumblr_lxkj3j0mZv1qkmpj8o1_500.gif
Views: 142
Size:  426.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loiks94)
    hmm I got c6h10o
    same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil4)
    is there a range for temps for the fermentation process? i put 30

also will they allow breath analyser instead of breathylyser? i was so certain breathalyser was not a word
    (Original post by joe1545)
    Same i put 35 my brain was saying 37 but my gut was saying 35, and i put breathilyser, but i most likely spelt it wrong. I think they allow phonetic mis spelling so breathiliser would be accepted, 'Breather' would not just as an example
    I'm pretty certain the temperature range is 25-37

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat12395)
    Urk, if I spelled breathalysers wrong will I get the mark?:L

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yea you should do, their only picky on spellings if its chemistry related such as mispelling ethanol as etha, i probably spelt it wrong as well, not the easiest of words to spell

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody add a voting chart.
    I m crying here and want to see how others did

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else notice that this time the questions were actually somewhat "helpful" with what you should write as the answers? I feel as though the longer answers had a lot of guidance

ReputationRep:
    It really irritates me when people just randomly pop up just to ask if the paper of unofficial markscheme is up, just expect others to do it and cannot even be asked to read the answers everyone talked about before. *rage*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacksonmeg)
    The question about the french science guy, catalyst has no effect on the position of equilibrium right? only increases rate of reaction?
    Well in the case of the question, both reaction rates decrease but equilibrium position is unaffected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOJB)
    Wonder how many pages this thread will hit. This time I will be the first post on the 200th page.
    no I will beat you again
    like page 100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacksonmeg)
    i did the exact same molecule, (didnt know what 9 carbons was called lmao)
    Hahah exactly the same!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    I'm pretty certain the temperature range is 25-37
    What would happen if you literally put "yeast present"

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundary for an A is guys??
    I Made SUCH stupid mistakes!
    What did you guys get for the molecular formula for m/z peak 128?? I was so confused?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.