21.74%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 344302)
    Is breathalyser a use of infrared spec,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melissablackbird)
    guy, you know the question where we had to draw the products after oxidising, making an ester and dehydration. Would i loose a mark for not including water in the dehydration? Or would it be ok just putting the alkene?
    thats fine

ReputationRep:
    what was the activation energy for reverse reaction please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothepreacher)
    Can I get an A* in chemistry with an overall B at AS?
    You need minimum 480 UMS overall for the A, and on top of that 90% across all A2 units

ReputationRep:
    Someone make a mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    If I put to catch drunk drivers (stupid way of putting it) for uses of IR would it be right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 344302)
    That's still an A isn't it?? Grade boundary won't be higher than 81/82 because it's June paper and a lot of weaker candidates sit it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    got a 27/40 on the coursework so i am kinda stuffed really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such)
    Yes
    Phew!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liberty.)
    What if you wanted just an A overall and got a B in AS? Would you just need high A's, like 85%?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alotties)
    Yep you could.
    You just need to get over 90% at A2.
    B is 70%, A* is 90%, that adds up to 80% overall and 90% at A* which is what you need for an A*.
    You could get a C at AS and 100% at A2 and still get an A*.
    Sorry that's wrong. You need AT LEAST A at AS then 90% average across the A2 units

ReputationRep:
    for definition of homologous series, would a group of molecules with same function group each differing by CH2 be worth 1 or 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelvinbeyioku)
    got a 27/40 on the coursework so i am kinda stuffed really
    What do you think will be an A for the coursework? I got 35/40 and I'm still worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loiks94)
    Someone make a mark scheme.

I am

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!

Think i lost about 16 marks oops

ReputationRep:
    for the radical substitution 7 marker... did anyone else only write about 7/8 lines and leave most of the page blank? i checked through it about 5 times and was sure i'd covered all of the bullet points... this paper seems to have gone really well but i don't know if that's just me not putting enough detail and cutting corners unintentionally....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deziah)
    For the flow chart one;
    I got a ketone in the top left box, ester in the top right, and two alkenes in the bottom two boxes. I think they all produce water when they react? So I put +H20 in every box just in case, hopefully they'll ignore that. :-)
    I put H2o in every box too!
    If they mark all my answers wrong for that it will be incredibly harsh!
    I can imagine I'd lose one mark for it though maybe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshyewen)
    I think in the last question about the bolztman distribution. when talking about temperature i also wrote about your point about more successful collisions but also you should draw on your curve the extra proportion of molecules with greater than the activation energy i think haha
    how can you remember most of your answers like even without the paper. I can barely remember mine especially the ones with numeric answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothepreacher)
    Can I get an A* in chemistry with an overall B at AS?
    Yes. You've got to get >480 ums in the whole a level (ie. an A grade) and you've got to get >270 in the AS units...so yes, you could get an A* with a B at AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liberty.)
    What do you think will be an A for the coursework? I got 35/40 and I'm still worrying.
    Well!?
    You've made in the A grade boundary - as far as the boundaries tell us - by one raw mark OR two UMS.

You'll be awarded 50/60 for your F323 module.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LanadelreyHey)
    what was the activation energy for reverse reaction please
    It was the enthalpy of the reaction + the activation energy for forward reaction. 611 if I remember correctly (I'm pretty sure that's right)

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.