It was okay A= 76
    35.87%
    Easy A= 79
    27.17%
    Very Easy A=82
    21.74%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucindaellaaa)
    I put for the use of Infrared Spec that you could use it to see whats in the ozone (like anything thats been emitted) d'ya reckon thats ok or?
    i said that it can be used in airport security to identify drugs :O

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, what did people suggest for the two possible compounds of the C4H8O infrared spectrum question?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone put "carbonyl" and "Alkene" for the question where we had to state functional groups?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingmango)
    Where is the 2nd half of the exam?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...Rncq5urWQ&dl=1

Here you go!
    This is the FULL paper that was another one uploading earlier...
    That will 10x better!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annie-may)
    did anyone write breathylising motorists for the use of ir
    i did too :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wndms)
    Omg.. for the functional groups I wrote carboxyl and carbonyl.. please say at least one is right :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Afraid not. It was Alkene and Ester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFootyKing19)
    Unofficial MS anyone?

For the 5 marker question on equilibrium I put:

- an increase in temp will shift the equalibroum to the LEFT (LHS)
    - as the forward reaction is EXOTHERMIC
    - an increase in pressure will shift the equilibrium LEFT (LHS)
    - as it is the side wit fewest moles of gas (on reactants side of equation)
    - without a catalyst, equalibroum position is (not changed) unchanged because a catalyst speeds up the forward and reverse reaction by the SAME amount

Is that enough for the 5 marks?
    thats EXACTLY what I put, i don't see what else could have been written/why you wouldnt get the marks for those five parts.

how'd you find the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    ester and alkene is correct.
    yessss 2 marks in the bag hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sessess)
    Out of interest, what did people suggest for the two possible compounds of the C4H8O infrared spectrum question?
    i put butanal and 2-methylpropanal, but the general consensus on here is butanal and butanone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReginaPhalange29)
    Did anyone put "carbonyl" and "Alkene" for the question where we had to state functional groups?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was extremely close when I realise that carbonyl old qualify...
    If it was, then the rest of the molecule would extend off of the double bonded oxygen atom and carry on...
    Does that make sense?

Or, it would have to be at the end of the compound to be seen as a carbonyl group of any sort.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hello! i was at school till late and only got home a little while ago, i've been reading everyones posts though. schools network doesnt let me log onto tsr

anywhoooos..I thought it was generally a good paper. what really stumped me was that radical substitution question, eventually I figured it out though. the year 12's found the paper fairly difficult. other places to trip up was the yellow flame thing and the IR spec. i put butanal and 2-methylpropanal as I assumed they had to have the same functional group, so i discounted butanone.
    the calculations and other 2 mechanisms were a godsend! so was the chatliers principle and boltzmann distribution. I think i may have lost around 10 marks, which I'm quite happy with.

how'd you find it?

Straight foward overall, lost silly marks by not reading it, mainly on alchol with the skeletons and cyclics, still a bit unsure if I drew them correctly, reckon I lost about 10 aswell looking back at the paper. All I can is hope and pray

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sessess)
    - Butan-1-one.
    - Butanal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BingTaoBing)
    Also, in the thing about cracking in question 1.

I said: Because a large range of different lengths of alkanes and alkenes could be produced from C15H32. There is no way to determine a specific product...

Is this OK? Or have I missed something key?
    i put because the carbon-carbon double bonds can break anywhere. I think the same/similar question came up in june 2012.

anyone else put the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFootyKing19)
    Unofficial MS anyone?

For the 5 marker question on equilibrium I put:

- an increase in temp will shift the equalibroum to the LEFT (LHS)
    - as the forward reaction is EXOTHERMIC
    - an increase in pressure will shift the equilibrium LEFT (LHS)
    - as it is the side wit fewest moles of gas (on reactants side of equation)
    - without a catalyst, equalibroum position is (not changed) unchanged because a catalyst speeds up the forward and reverse reaction by the SAME amount

Is that enough for the 5 marks?

I put exactly that however in the heat of the moment I may have got my left and right mixed up :-( hope I didn't lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    I thought you were doing the markscheme , I just gave him the paper
    I've attempted one, but considering it's my own answers simple-d down even more it's going to be heavily flawed.

Please list improvements and I'll change it

I'll write it up all fancy-pancy once the improvements are finished tomorrow after my darn physics exam.

P.S I had no idea what I was doing with the Ozone stuff
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx MyMarkscheme Jun2013.docx (18.2 KB, 464 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    Straight foward overall, lost silly marks by not reading it, mainly on alchol with the skeletons and cyclics, still a bit unsure if I drew them correctly, reckon I lost about 10 aswell looking back at the paper. All I can is hope and pray

i'm sure you did fine. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    For the E/Z question, I wrote an explanation about how the hexyl (or something like that) group on the LHS would be below the plane of the double bond in J while the H atom attached to that carbon would be above it. Is this right?

ReputationRep:
    thats EXACTLY what I put, i don't see what else could have been written/why you wouldnt get the marks for those five parts.

how'd you find the paper?
    Found it ok . Just some weird questioms

Hopefully did good!

Wbu? Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReginaPhalange29)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh I did put that but I think they were looking for carbon carbon double bond

Anyway hope its accepted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ché.)
    I reckon:

78 - A.
    71 - B.
    64 - C.
    57 - D.
    50 - E.
    43 - U.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you think they could be any lower?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.