15.22%
    It was okay A= 76
    35.87%
    Easy A= 79
    27.17%
    Very Easy A=82
    21.74%

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, anyone remember what the final questions were (and what their marks were)?

I couldn't finish on time, sadly, and I'm trying to find out how many marks I could have lost at the end. It's very frustrating because I've been studying since Easter and have studied everything three times. Now right at the end I mess up like this..

-Structural formula for different halogenoalkanes question
    identify letter (1 mark)
    identify letter(1 mark)
    do calculation (3 marks)
    - one question in between possibly? (? marks)
    -Le Chatelier's principle question (5 marks)
    - one question in between possibly? (? marks)
    -Boltzmann distribution question (7 marks)

ReputationRep:
    Omg I made mine so scruffy haha due to lack of space ..I wrote "sorry for scruffy work" to the examiner! Also had to get extra paper and then the invigilator told me to hole punch my exam paper to insert the extra sheet(as OCR papers don't have the hole punch ) :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_A)
    how many marks was the last question
    I think you're referring to the Boltzmann distribution question, if so it was 7 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charrl0tte)
    On the equilibrium question 7C, do you think that you will loose marks if you didn't state le chatilers principle??
    I didn't state this and unofficial mark schemes prove to award myself full marks for that section.
    Your response will imply your understanding of the topic and question.

I thought about doing this as I know this is OCR's common technique but I programmed my answer to what I know they want from us:

Statement and explanation for Temperature. (2)
    Statement and explanation for pressure. (2)
    Statement on effect of catalyst. (1)
    (5)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Can someone please link me the paper/mark scheme and also

for the radical substitution question, i spelt propagation as propegation. Would i lose the mark? thankssssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_A)
    how many marks was the last question
    7!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hussaiin)
    Hi guys! Can someone please link me the paper/mark scheme and also

for the radical substitution question, i spelt propagation as propegation. Would i lose the mark? thankssssss
    No...
    With all mark schemes and spellings with OCR, as long as your spelling standard is what they all "phonetic" you'll be fine for sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Instead of writing 2,3-dimethyloctane, i wrote 2,3-dimetyl-octane. would i get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ché.)
    No...
    With all mark schemes and spellings with OCR, as long as your spelling standard is what they all "phonetic" you'll be fine for sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hussaiin)
    Instead of writing 2,3-dimethyloctane, i wrote 2,3-dimetyl-octane. would i get the mark?
    Erm!?
    I know they are really pedantic on the formulation of organic compounds and the order and hyphens in the constituents.
    Open a mark scheme I f you have one and check the first pages of a typical MS!
    They tell you the allowance and discarding of answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the question where there was that cyclopentane and stuff, Okay when drawing my answers I did not want to do skeletal formula, but I didn't want to do the long time-wasting displayed formula. So, I drew the pentagon as skeletal, then I just did the bit that changes each time as displayed. I personally think I'll get the marks, but what do others think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ché.)
    I have come to a (hopeful) valid conclusion that the larger the module, the more endurance you need.
    I mean, Biology?
    They had first unit material as questions so candidates round have noticed!
    If you know a variety, you're totally good!

Good luck for your results from today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Many people said biology was hard, so the grade boundaries will be low!

Thanks, good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    Ok its over. Leave it guise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChPhyMa96)
    Are we sure its N for the least reactive? is there nothing about tertiary halogenoalkanes?
    It was N because N was a CFC and CFCs are known for its un reactivity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisd00100)
    Many people said biology was hard, so the grade boundaries will be low!

Thanks, good luck to you too
    Really!?
    Well, I hardly make up the entire student population, so... LOL.
    Hows Geology?
    I opened a paper by accident once... it looks totally different from a standard A-Level Science paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theCreator)
    For the question where there was that cyclopentane and stuff, Okay when drawing my answers I did not want to do skeletal formula, but I didn't want to do the long time-wasting displayed formula. So, I drew the pentagon as skeletal, then I just did the bit that changes each time as displayed. I personally think I'll get the marks, but what do others think?
    It totally agree with your verdict...
    Even in their own mark scheme, they are hella' lazy!
    They leave formulated alkyl groups out if its not needed..

So, you'll get them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ché.)
    Yeah, you definitely would!
    The outcome bullet points here outlined and you met one so of course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Ché.)
    The mechanism is legitimately included with the "free" part...
    LOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahh what a relief, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theCreator)
    I've seen mark schemes allowing a combination of different ways to show the molecule... Usually for quite large questions though that are worth 7 marks. But definitely be hopeful since they have allowed it in the past.

ReputationRep:
    How many ums is around 75/100?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ché.)
    Really!?
    Well, I hardly make up the entire student population, so... LOL.
    Hows Geology?
    I opened a paper by accident once... it looks totally different from a standard A-Level Science paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mean a lot people from my college, all of them were saying it was horrible and complaining about the snakes quesions loo, and saw many people here saying it wass well hard too ahah

Its a science, but yeah different, the AS is about volcanoes, earthquakes, rocks, etc. A2 I rhink its environmental geology, fossils etc.... There is a lot information for you to remember, there's as much maths as in biology in the exams, but its all good as long as you try... When I say I do it, people think all we do is to study about rocks, we do, but in a different way and other stuff too, and can lead you to really good jobs :P

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.