It was okay A= 76
    35.87%
    Easy A= 79
    27.17%
    Very Easy A=82
    21.74%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiepreece)
    Does anybody know if or where I can find the Jan 2013 paper?
    I have a paper copy, not sure where it is online

It's a really good paper aswell. I'm sure it's somewhere on this site!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellemcjelly)
    i know i have bio too its a nightmare. if we lost like 5/6 marks in the first chem, what do you think we need in this one to get an A?
    i dont know tbh but i feel that f322 is better than f321 IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blashnet)
    I have a paper copy, not sure where it is online

It's a really good paper aswell. I'm sure it's somewhere on this site!
    I have added it in the start of the thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geronimo!)
    i dont know tbh but i feel that f322 is better than f321 IMO
    F322 is horrible :crazy:

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me on question 1c ii: here's the link to the paper:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...hmentid=214962

I dot understand it, we know that one molecule of propane has been produced which has the molecular formula of C3H8 and we are meant to find Alkene A which is being produced 7 times, the only alkene that I could think of that would suit the cracking of the molecule is C3H6, but that would not happen if 7 molecules was produced, if anyone could help me out, it would be appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)
    Can anyone help me on question 1c ii: here's the link to the paper:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...hmentid=214962

I dot understand it, we know that one molecule of propane has been produced which has the molecular formula of C3H8 and we are meant to find Alkene A which is being produced 7 times, the only alkene that I could think of that would suit the cracking of the molecule is C3H6, but that would not happen if 7 molecules was produced, if anyone could help me out, it would be appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you read the question wrong, it says several times not seven times, we know that the Alkene A has a molecular ion of 42 so it's just propene

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerstudent999)
    I think you read the question wrong, it says several times not seven times, we know that the Alkene A has a molecular ion of 42 so it's just propene

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really struggle understand the M/Z and infrared spectrums, I can't even grasp the basics.. Sigh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So several times, what does that mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Q: one reason why CF2Cl2 was developed fir use of an aerosol.
    I said high bp mp but they don't allow it? Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)
    So several times, what does that mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It just means at least twice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It just means at least twice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh cool, thanks for that how's your revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wndms)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is right, but not really an answer there looking for, how about just saying they are non-flammable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wndms)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because it was non-toxic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladybug.hugsxoxo)
    Hi guys as silly as this is i haven't started revision for f322 (been ill and other exams ) and I'm being overwhelmed by the content as I presently try and make a timetable for it ? Anytips on how to cram or any predictions on what will come up ? Please and thankyou xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the same boat...still haven't started f322 revision...thinking of spending a day learning content and a day doing past papers :/ not sure if thats enough...

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys as silly as this is i haven't started revision for f322 (been ill and other exams ) and I'm being overwhelmed by the content as I presently try and make a timetable for it ? Anytips on how to cram or any predictions on what will come up ? Please and thankyou xx
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seem as though there is over a week to go. Split it up into 4 modules, if you have the OCR chemistry textbook it will help. Do Module 1 today which is basic concepts of hydrocarbons. The Module 2 tomorrow which is alcohols, halogenoalkanes and analysis. Then module 3 and 4 on Monday which is energy and resources. Once you have done that do 2 past papers a day and go over the bits you are struggling on. You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    For catalytic cracking, do you have to say the catalysts are Al2O3 and SiO2 or can you just say a zeolite catalyst?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyA*)
    For catalytic cracking, do you have to say the catalysts are Al2O3 and SiO2 or can you just say a zeolite catalyst?
    zeolites fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelP96)
    Don't worry about it, there's many over people in the same position
    I haven't started yet either due to having 3 retakes!

Which bits are you finding hard? I think it's best if you cover the first part (Hydrocarbons) because in my opinion it's the longest part!

Alcohols and Analysis needs to be your 2nd Priority because alcohols can be pretty tricky, the mechanisms need to be learnt also because they hold a lot of marks in the exam. In the Jan 2013 paper there was a 14 mark question on two reaction mechanisms! Resources can be easily covered in a day or two.
    I've been over everything just can't remember how to do things like energy and enthalpy stuff and things like remembering definitions and little details -.- tips? Predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been over everything just can't remember how to do things like energy and enthalpy stuff and things like remembering definitions and little details -.- tips? Predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2 main equations for energy and enthalpy are q=m x c x change in temperature
    and enthalpy change = energy/moles

learn how to draw the hess's law cycles and calculating bond enthalpies
    it's hard to predict, but in most papers theres at least 2 of the 3 mechanics come up, oxidation of alcohols, atom economy/percentage yield and a long question combining infrared, mass spec and empirical formula.

ReputationRep:
    I think this unit will be fine really. As long as you know all the mechanisms, reactions and definitions you'll get a high mark. I got 34/40 in my practical is that an A? and hopefully got a high marks on the unit 1 exam, now need a high mark in this unit.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.