27.17%
    Very Easy A=82
    21.74%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xT4Z1N4TRx)
    how much was the last question worth? its cut off on the document

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smko)
    Sorry Sorry meant 37 :P Not 46/47 sorry!
    oh right its fine lol. probably around 53-55ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smko)
    Hey guys what is 37 or 36 in the Pratical ?
    and what is around 95 in this exam?
    UMS wise
    Roughly 52 UMS for 37 I believe.

ReputationRep:
    so for the yellow flame black smoke question if you said 'incomplete combustion' would it be sufficent for the marks? if it is yayyyayay last minute of the exam guess...if not .... oh well..... i still got 91

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie-May)
    so for the yellow flame black smoke question if you said 'incomplete combustion' would it be sufficent for the marks? if it is yayyyayay last minute of the exam guess...if not .... oh well..... i still got 91
    Not sure, you may have needed to mention the fact that the black smoke shows that carbon particulates are present which indicates incomplete combustion. You would also need to mention that the yellow flame indicates that the substance is contaminated.

ReputationRep:
    For my practical i got 33 out f 40 ...is that good enough for an A overall? What is 33 out of 40 in UMS? What is the practical UMS out of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lebron_23)
    Roughly 52 UMS for 37 I believe.
    really aw dam haha. Thought 37/40 was gonna be quite high ums wise :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie-May)
    Umm normally not, as its A level so you have to say why,ie black smoke, CO incomplete combustion..
    And you can really never be too sure, OCR like to mess the mark scheme about and some of the stuff can be really specific to get the mark..

ReputationRep:
    If I get like one mark off A in F321 ...a couple of marks above A in F322 and I got 33/40 in practical...could that be an A overall because F322 is so weighted?

ReputationRep:
    You see when the papers are scanned in, do different questions go to different examiners, or does one examiner mark the whole paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOJB)
    Not sure, you may have needed to mention the fact that the black smoke shows that carbon particulates are present which indicates incomplete combustion. You would also need to mention that the yellow flame indicates that the substance is contaminated.
    that much for 1 mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassanakhtaruk)
    If I get like one mark off A in F321 ...a couple of marks above A in F322 and I got 33/40 in practical...could that be an A overall because F322 is so weighted?
    yeah it could JUST be an A ; ever so close !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe1545)
    You see when the papers are scanned in, do different questions go to different examiners, or does one examiner mark the whole paper?
    Think its 1 person for all paper :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science-oliver)
    For the cracking on 1bi it didn't say use A (c15h32) so I put c7h16 and c8h16 will that give me the mark?
    I hope so, I thought you could write any alkane and alkene it would crack into...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smko)
    yeah it could JUST be an A ; ever so close !!
    Aw I really hope I get that letter A on my results sheet for chem...
    What is 33/40 Practical in UMS?

ReputationRep:
    What would 39/40 be UMS wise in the practicle?

ReputationRep:
    Aw I really hope I get that letter A on my results sheet for chem...
    What is 33/40 Practical in UMS?
    I think it's 1 mark below an A as last year (june12) it was 34 for an A so probably about 46/60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science-oliver)
    I think it's 1 mark below an A as last year (june12) it was 34 for an A so probably about 46/60
    Hope so! So do the boundaries for practicals change?

ReputationRep:
    Hope so! So do the boundaries for practicals change?
    Rarely it may go up 1 but not more than 1 (I hope not)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smko)
    Think its 1 person for all paper :P
    exams arent scanned in for f322,think about the formulas you had to draw in pencil!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.