It was okay A= 76
    35.87%
    Easy A= 79
    27.17%
    Very Easy A=82
    21.74%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeBazingaa)
    Please could I have it something doesn't add up about my result, apparently i got D yet As in everything else :cry2:

just wondering how much i misjudged the paper cause I actually found it really straight forward and did months of revision

I'm having trouble uploading my paper so I'll just link it to you off a website.
    http://examwizard.yolasite.com/resou...art%201%20.pdf
    http://examwizard.yolasite.com/resou...20Part%202.pdf

Then the unofficial markscheme is on this page:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...e=195&page=195

ReputationRep:
    how many marking points is 9 UMS?

ReputationRep:
    135 I'm very pleased overall, I think that's 91/100 raw marks. Anyone else considering paying the £10 to get the script back just to see where you went wrong?

ReputationRep:
    112 UMS for me, I was going for an A and thought I'd achieved it. Then I saw the grade boundaries, D: To be honest, I'm happy with a B and I'll go for an A next year Congrats to those with A's!

ReputationRep:
    I got 142 UMS, which I'm really pleased with well done everyone on your results!

ReputationRep:
    Meh I got 84 raw marks on unit two.. Wish I'd don't better, but ill just have to resit it, and my assessments to get the A next year.

Well done to everyone on their results!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andaxay)
    112 UMS for me, I was going for an A and thought I'd achieved it. Then I saw the grade boundaries, D: To be honest, I'm happy with a B and I'll go for an A next year Congrats to those with A's!
    Hi
    I got a similar UMS as you- do you think you'll really be able to get an A next year? Cause I got told it's virtually impossible to get an A if you got a B in the AS, since the A2 is twice as hard, therefore it's half as likely you'll get your starting grade. I was really bummed about that

ReputationRep:
    142 UMS! Very chuffed, hope everyone else got what they wanted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beths_7)
    142 UMS! Very chuffed, hope everyone else got what they wanted

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can I ask how you revise please? haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImAz)
    Meh I got 84 raw marks on unit two.. Wish I'd don't better, but ill just have to resit it, and my assessments to get the A next year.

Well done to everyone on their results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do you know what raw marks you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiess)
    Hi
    I got a similar UMS as you- do you think you'll really be able to get an A next year? Cause I got told it's virtually impossible to get an A if you got a B in the AS, since the A2 is twice as hard, therefore it's half as likely you'll get your starting grade. I was really bummed about that
    Whaaat?! I've heard of people at my college getting a C at AS and still coming out with an A at the end. It's going to be difficult but if you work your socks off there's no reason you can't get an A An A* is a different matter but if you do really well next year then an A grade is very possible. If I was frightened I couldn't get an A next year due to having a B at AS I'd already have signed up for a resit A2 is going to be hard but half as likely? I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask how you revise please? haha
    Work through the syllabus and re write my class notes, self teach and add in everything my teacher has missed (we have rubbish chemistry teachers). Then go over again other areas I'm not sure about by writing notes, making flashcards, getting family to test me, finding notes online etc and then complete and mark all the past papers available. I generally learn answers for all the questions that come up regularly on the papers too.

That's probably not the most time effective way to revise but it works for me, hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got 117 UMS in F322, and i'm not gonna lie i feel a bit disappointed, but my F321 and F323 carried me to an A overall with a Total UMS of 260.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andaxay)
    Whaaat?! I've heard of people at my college getting a C at AS and still coming out with an A at the end. It's going to be difficult but if you work your socks off there's no reason you can't get an A An A* is a different matter but if you do really well next year then an A grade is very possible. If I was frightened I couldn't get an A next year due to having a B at AS I'd already have signed up for a resit A2 is going to be hard but half as likely? I doubt it.
    I really do hope so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beths_7)
    Work through the syllabus and re write my class notes, self teach and add in everything my teacher has missed (we have rubbish chemistry teachers). Then go over again other areas I'm not sure about by writing notes, making flashcards, getting family to test me, finding notes online etc and then complete and mark all the past papers available. I generally learn answers for all the questions that come up regularly on the papers too.

That's probably not the most time effective way to revise but it works for me, hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I really do hope so!
    Just go for it with all you've got and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coco_madem0iselle)
    133, very pleased! Especially considering it was 82% for 120 UMS, worked out I got about 89 % which I'm happy about (if I calculated correctly..), what I thought I'd get when I looked back at the paper. A comfortable A overall, not mega high, but not a scrape! Looking forward to A2 :yes:

I hope everyone is happy with their results! :hugs:
    congrats on those results, theyre really good|

look forward to the content of a2 yes, but judging by how the january and june papers were for unit5 this year (im a year 13 student) ur gonna have to work extraaa hard for next year, it gets real tough! best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    hiya! ive just finished year 13 so can help ya out
    last year I got a B at AS, literally scraped it with 210 ums (an exact b)
    this year i've ended up with a comfortable A! (493 ums)
    last year I orginally got a C on unit 1 and B on unit 2, resat them both this year and got high A's (83/90 and 135/150) so anythings possible!!
    best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    Got 117 UMS in F322, and i'm not gonna lie i feel a bit disappointed, but my F321 and F323 carried me to an A overall with a Total UMS of 260.
    260 is a reallly good place to be, gives u a nice headstart for a2.
    I started year 13 with a B at AS, with 210 ums. just got my final results today and I got an A overall, so don't worry you'll be fine!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.