The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by needtosucceed=)
its in the textbook somewhere, under the catalyst section I think.
homogenous catalyst = reactants and catalyst are in the same state eg. yeast in the fermentation of glucose (both aqueous)
heterogeneous catalyst = reactants and catalyst are in different physical states eg. palladium/platinum catalyst in catalytic converters (reactants are gases, catalyst is a solid)

thats all you have to know.

You dont even need to know about the types if catalysts as it is not in the spec 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tom Winfield
You probably need to explain how a catalyst lowers the activation energy by adsorbing the products to its surface, weakening the bonds allowing the reaction to proceed and then desorbing the products from its surface. With a five mark question, i would want to get as much detail in to make sure i get the marks :smile:

Ohh, it's the type that's in a catalytic converter
Thankss :smile:
Original post by Jimmy20002012
You dont even need to know about the types if catalysts as it is not in the spec 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh really? they do it in the textbook so I assumed you did lol. Btw did u understand the picture i sent of the equations?
Reply 1243
Dayumm.. Just dropped 29 marks on the Jan 2010 paper.. :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1244
I've been looking at the June F322 papers from 2010 till now and compared to January ones I feel they are much harder? Anyone else feel the same?

But generally the questions are pretty much repeated.
Reply 1245
For atom economy questions, IF it was 2 moles (2BaSO4) instead of 1 mole (BaSO4) in question, do I have to times 233.4 by two?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImAz
Dayumm.. Just dropped 29 marks on the Jan 2010 paper.. :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

was it on stupid mistakes or a lack of understanding?
Original post by wndms
For atom economy questions, IF it was 2 moles (2BaSO4) instead of 1 mole (BaSO4) in question, do I have to times 233.4 by two?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep, because its the molecular mass of all products, no matter how many moles you've got.
Reply 1248
yep, because its the molecular mass of all products, no matter how many moles you've got.

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1249
was it on stupid mistakes or a lack of understanding?

Generally a lack of understanding and misinterpreting the question, this is scary considering the exam is in 3 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M.H
I've been looking at the June F322 papers from 2010 till now and compared to January ones I feel they are much harder? Anyone else feel the same?

But generally the questions are pretty much repeated.

yea I think the january ones are easier. but then again I think january ones also have higher grade boundaries to compensate for this.
Original post by ImAz
Generally a lack of understanding and misinterpreting the question, this is scary considering the exam is in 3 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

what kinds of questions? and what paper was it?
I got 33/40 raw marks in my AS coursework....what is that in UMS??
Thanks.
Original post by GirlWithADream
Thanks.

Depends on what the grade boundaries are for this year, since 2009 it has remained at 34 for an A, so it should be 34 for an A which in ums is 48, so I am guessing that 33 should be about 46 ums :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GirlWithADream
Thanks.

46 Ums
can anyone plz tell me what equations we have to know and what conditions they are carried out in e.g temperature catalyst etc.
oh really? they do it in the textbook so I assumed you did lol. Btw did u understand the picture i sent of the equations?

Yeah I understand it now, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1257
How do you know how many isomers C5H12 has?
Original post by Felttip
What do we have to know about the protocols

Montreal- successfully ended the use of CFCs in countries which signed the protocol

Kyoto- reduction of co2 emissions by 20% by 2012- as this hasn't happened the protocol has been extended until 2020

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got any predictions on what they think might come up? Just out of interest :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending