The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jacksgap
OH okay... THANK YOU... very much

Hope u do well in the exam this time... :biggrin:

its alright :smile: thanks! you too!
Original post by Sum786
Can someone please explain carbon capture?

Inject into the porous rocks of old mines.
Inject, deep into the ocean.
React with metal oxides to form stable carbonates.
Original post by cab1094
Has anyone made any predictions of what is likely to appear on the paper? Especially for the longer marker questions?

I think there might be Ethanol production by comparing Hydration of Ethene Vs Fermentiation
and it's Atom economy and percentage yield, rate of reaction, products, batch processes etc..could come up.. if it didn;t come up in Jan
Do we need to know about nucleophilic substitution reactions involving ammonia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think there might be Ethanol production by comparing Hydration of Ethene Vs Fermentiation
and it's Atom economy and percentage yield, rate of reaction, products, batch processes etc..could come up.. if it didn;t come up in Jan

batch processes?
Original post by Smko
Think you'll get the marks. It asked for equation so your fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou :smile: are there any other type of questions that a certain formula should be shown ? thanks again
On question 1iv, where you had to draw compound B, I drew the hydrogen, do I lose the mark?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/65360-question-paper-unit-f322-chains-energy-and-resources.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1427

do you know the advantages and disadvantages for fermentation and hydration?
Original post by ReginaPhalange29
Do we need to know about nucleophilic substitution reactions involving ammonia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think we have to learn the mechanism, but they could give us a mechanism and get us to add stuff like dipoles and curly arrows by "applying our knowledge" - think that came up once.
Original post by needtosucceed=)
the mark scheme normally says accept molecular formula, or don't accept it..was there anything on the right hand side box saying what to accept? I generally use structural formula unless otherwise stated, especially because it clearly shows the functional groups present. just an 'o' on the end could represent an alcohol, ketone etc.

Thanks i know now to use the structural formula :smile:this is what the marke scheme said
IGNORE any state symbols
ALLOW CH3COH in equation but not for the structure
ALLOW equations with molecular formulae but not the
product mark
Original post by mia_hilton
Thanks i know now to use the structural formula :smile:this is what the marke scheme said
IGNORE any state symbols
ALLOW CH3COH in equation but not for the structure
ALLOW equations with molecular formulae but not the
product mark

ah you'd lose one mark for the product then, you'd have to use structural formula for it
Original post by coco_madem0iselle
I don't think we have to learn the mechanism, but they could give us a mechanism and get us to add stuff like dipoles and curly arrows by "applying our knowledge" - think that came up once.

Oh thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smko
Think you'll get the marks. It asked for equation so your fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou :smile:
The only exam that will bring a smile to my face next week

If biology was as straightforward as chemistry......
Original post by Jimmy20002012
On question 1iv, where you had to draw compound B, I drew the hydrogen, do I lose the mark?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/65360-question-paper-unit-f322-chains-energy-and-resources.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile

it probably depends on the examiner. I think its best to be consistent when drawing - you didn't draw any of the other hydrogens so probably best to not draw it.
it probably depends on the examiner. I think its best to be consistent when drawing - you didn't draw any of the other hydrogens so probably best to not draw it.

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but there is no such thing a CH3 in a cyclohexane is there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but there is no such thing a CH3 in a cyclohexane is there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

you can draw a methyl group coming off any of the carbons, so it would be methylcyclohexane
you can draw a methyl group coming off any of the carbons, so it would be methylcyclohexane

yh if u were to draw a skeletal structure then a line would come off from any one side o the cyclhexane
yh if u were to draw a skeletal structure then a line would come off from any one side o the cyclhexane

yep :smile:
Original post by niceguy95
The only exam that will bring a smile to my face next week

If biology was as straightforward as chemistry......

Spoiler

sorry wha exam board do u do for bio?:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending