The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheFootyKing19
Great answers! Say orange to colorless for decolourises :wink:

haha i was 50/50 about orange or brown. thanks!
Original post by Ché.
In terms of the full UMS cap conversion in F322, what will that exactly be?
I know the grade boundaries are quite high, but just out of interest!?
:biggrin::wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

94/100 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1922
Original post by needtosucceed=)
defintions right.
thats correct, an easier way of saying it would be that bond enthalpy values arent the same as average bond enthalpy vaues :smile:

Thaaaaaaaaaanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
can someone give the conditions for all the reactions that we need to know about? (equations are not necessary)
Reply 1924
Original post by Jimmy20002012

Really!?
Okay,

I just about got that in this mock examination then; I would have though full marks WAS full marks
LOL.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, ANYWAY. :biggrin::wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1925
Has there actually been any questions on the ziegler-natta catalyst or the haber process?
can someone help me on question 3bii ? http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/78566-question-paper-unit-f322-chains-energy-and-resources.pdf i don't get how they get -792 kJmol-1 for the enthalpy change of formation?
Two workers decide to car-share on a 25 mile journey to work and back. On this journey, each of their cars uses petrol equivalent to 2.0 kg of heptane.

Assuming such car-sharing, use your equation(complete combustion of heptane) to:
(i) calculate the amount, in mol, of heptane, C7H16, saved;
(ii) calculate the energy saved (Hc o [C7H16] = 4817 kJ mol–1);
(iii) calculate the decrease in volume of CO2(g) emitted into the atmosphere. Assume that the conditions are the same as room temperature and pressure.
[2]
[1]
[2]

help!
Original post by GeneralOJB
further maths in a year(as+a2) and physics a2. I'm doing extra maths modules too for 'additional further maths' lul

you'll be fine with a2 then lol
Original post by needtosucceed=)
work out the moles for each one then divide one by the other and x100

ignore the tonnes just work in grams.

still can't do it :frown:
Reply 1930
I got a medium B in Jan
Got like 39 on coursework

What do I need to do in this exam for an A? Will scraping an A be enough or do I have to smash it
Reply 1931
What's everyone doing tonight for last minute revision?! I've done all past papers etc but really feel like I should be doing something tonight to prepare.
I'm very nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1932
Original post by GeneralOJB
further maths in a year(as+a2) and physics a2. I'm doing extra maths modules too for 'additional further maths' lul

Well if you want to do maths then obviously you need maths and further maths. Physics and Chemistry are both hard so choose your favourite or the one which you get the highest in so you can concentrate on your maths mostly.
Original post by Blashnet
Two workers decide to car-share on a 25 mile journey to work and back. On this journey, each of their cars uses petrol equivalent to 2.0 kg of heptane.

Assuming such car-sharing, use your equation(complete combustion of heptane) to:
(i) calculate the amount, in mol, of heptane, C7H16, saved;
(ii) calculate the energy saved (Hc o [C7H16] = 4817 kJ mol–1);
(iii) calculate the decrease in volume of CO2(g) emitted into the atmosphere. Assume that the conditions are the same as room temperature and pressure.
[2]
[1]
[2]

help!

- moles/molar mass.
- q=deltaH x n (when calculating n multiply your previous answer by 7 as theres 7 moles of co2 in the equation u wrote for the other question)
- volume = n x 24

use those equations, if you're still stuck lemme know.
Reply 1934
Hi just wondering if someone could help me, by looking through my textbox it says; enthalpy change of formation is 'sum of enthalpy of PRODUCTS - sum of enthalpy of REACTANTS'
However I have come across this question;
The standard enthalpy change of formation of hexane can be determined indirectly.
Calculate the standard enthalpy change of formation of hexane using the standard
enthalpy changes of combustion below.

substance  Hc / kJ mol–1
C –394
H2 –286
C6 H14 –4163
Equation; 6C + 7H2 -------> C6H14
And the answer is -203...
However I got +203 when I did it with the original equation??? Is it because all the reactants/product are minus so the answer follows? Or because the forward reaction is exothermic so the H change follows?? Little confused :frown:
If you could help in anyway I would be very greatful!!! Exam tomorrow :O!!!
Original post by Kits
I got a medium B in Jan
Got like 39 on coursework

What do I need to do in this exam for an A? Will scraping an A be enough or do I have to smash it

what was your ums for unit 1?
Reply 1936
Original post by Beths_7
What's everyone doing tonight for last minute revision?! I've done all past papers etc but really feel like I should be doing something tonight to prepare.
I'm very nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going through all the definitions and going over all the green chemistry as there wasn't much in January and i'm rubbish at green chemistry.
Reply 1937
Do you have to learn all of the fractions and their uses in fractional distillation, or just the process? I noticed that a fact recall for it has never come up.
Original post by Joey952
still can't do it :frown:

you see the equation, its not 1;1. its 3;1 so scale up either ur reactants or products to make it a 1;1 ratio.
Say we get a question on how scientists are trying to reduce greenhouse gas emissions Would you say this:

- Carbon Capture and Storage is being developed
- Examples of CCS include carbon being stored deep in the oceans, geological formations, reacting with metal oxides.
- Educating society of how to reduce these greenhouse emissions
- use hybrid cars as this is a much efficient way of travel and releases less greenhouse gases.
- Government are being informed and Kyoto and Montreal protocol are in place which reduce countries who signed up release less greenhouse emission
- uses of CO2 are being developed such as a blowing agent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending