Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I loved the Exeter campus when I visited on the open day but have heard that the nightlife is quiet and that it's mostly privately educated people who go there. As somebody who went to a comprehensive school and college from Birmingham, will I struggle to fit in at Exeter University?

ReputationRep:
    The nightlife is pretty quiet compared to bigger cities, though Exeter is actually quite good for music. Club-wise it's not great, but the pubs/bars are decent. There is still a good deal of non-private school students there and they tend to stick together IME.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilyphant)
    Hello, I loved the Exeter campus when I visited on the open day but have heard that the nightlife is quiet and that it's mostly privately educated people who go there. As somebody who went to a comprehensive school and college from Birmingham, will I struggle to fit in at Exeter University?
    Hi, I'm in my 2nd year at Exeter at the moment. The nightlife is faily quiet compared to other cities, but I haven't heard anyone complain too much about it and IMO it is much better than places such as Reading/Oxford. I went to private school myself and I personally couldn't care less where my friends went to school; it makes no difference in terms of what they're like as people. I've never heard of anyone making an issue out of it and if anyone did I don't think they would really be worth your time

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.