The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Finding the tectonics section really hard, no idea why. I no nothing about my seismic case studies, whilst Im a bit hazy on he theory. World Cities is fine, ecosystems is ok. Case Studies and tectonics it is tomorrow!
SOO much of this exam is common sense, honestly its going to be fine! Most important thing to do now is write down the figures you want in your essays (death tolls, dates blah blah blah..) and the rest will follow.. Compare the LEDC's with the MEDC's and you're onto a winner :smile:
Reply 2082
Plan for the exam - write the theory, chuck in a whole load of examples...hope for the best!
Is anyone else planning to do the essay first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2084
Original post by Sarahtonin
Is anyone else planning to do the essay first?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am! My teacher told me to choose the essay question first and get it over and done with as its worth nearly half of the paper and you don't want to run out of time :smile:
Original post by KimFTW
I am! My teacher told me to choose the essay question first and get it over and done with as its worth nearly half of the paper and you don't want to run out of time :smile:

Exactly! Plus the structure is so important, that you HAVE to finish and come to a conclusion, whereas if you run out of time in the questions, you can bullet point and hope for some marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2086
do you think its possible for a whole 40 marker to come up on sustainable tourism and ecotourism?? i have a dreadful feeling i will :frown:
also for world cities do you guys think the 40 marker mat be on retail- out of town, redeveloping of urban centre ect?
Reply 2087
Original post by emah123
do you think its possible for a whole 40 marker to come up on sustainable tourism and ecotourism?? i have a dreadful feeling i will :frown:
also for world cities do you guys think the 40 marker mat be on retail- out of town, redeveloping of urban centre ect?

i hope not! would struugle to write 2 pages. Something on planning/management would be nice :smile:
Original post by emah123

For cities they did an essay on decentralisation of retailing/services recently though, so maybe not?
Original post by Axion
i hope not! would struugle to write 2 pages. Something on planning/management would be nice :smile:

how's it going man? you feeling better with the exam now :P
Reply 2090
Original post by Daniel George
how's it going man? you feeling better with the exam now :P

lol idk, case study learning today and some theory later probz. on the brink of knowing 10 stats per case study but only some of the text and knowing very little theory atm
Original post by Axion
lol idk, case study learning today and some theory later probz. on the brink of knowing 10 stats per case study but only some of the text and knowing very little theory atm

yeah thats a lot of facts! I'm feeling okay, but I am only hoping to pass this exam to get the grade I need - as long as it isn't a disaster I should be okay! what do you need to get an A/B overall?
Reply 2092
yeah thats a lot of facts! I'm feeling okay, but I am only hoping to pass this exam to get the grade I need - as long as it isn't a disaster I should be okay! what do you need to get an A/B overall?

A :/

with a little hope lol
Original post by St. Brynjar
It would however be far more prudent to find the readily available information directly from AQA or written countless times on this thread.

No such information is 'readily' available on the AQA website. Even though the grade boundaries for previous exams are, people may not have the maths skills to be able to work out what they need.

For those who have been put off from asking questions about predicted boundaries or UMS, if you prefer you can PM me and I will be happy to help you work out what you need.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Axion
A :/

with a little hope lol

you can do it man! :smile: once you go into the exam it will all come out :smile:!
Reply 2095
you can do it man! :smile: once you go into the exam it will all come out :smile:!

:wink:. I know that bs will all come out
Original post by Axion
:wink:. I know that bs will all come out

same...
Reply 2097
same...

anyway, i'm off to plug at the case studies now. cya later bro
Reply 2098
Ay point learning intrusive extrusive activity? Came up in jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probs a silly question but if the essay question is solely on plate tectonics theory how would I incorporate case studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending