Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    what are people doing for revision today? im just going thorugh all my case studies and writing plans for some 40 markers?
    we can do this guys! lets all pray for nice question :rolleyes: and anyway jan 13 was quite a tough paper so more likely this papers going to be reasonable

ReputationRep:
    Discuss the issue: ‘No development without security and no security without development’.

ANYBODY?! :'(

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea of what might come up for the tectonics short questions and essay question and the weather short questions and the essay question?

ReputationRep:
    D&G 40 marker... LDCs or TNCs/NICs or sustainable development right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acedlol)
    DO THE ESSAY FIRST

IF YOU RUN OUT OF TIME, YOU ARE DONE FOR.

Trust me as a person that has done this exam twice, this exam SHOULD take you up to the point where they say "Time's up". Both times I have finished within 20 seconds of the final bell. The conclusion is arguably the most important part of your essay, and if you don't do it, you are going to throw away 5-10 marks instantly.

If you leaving the essay to last, just make sure you leave more than 1 hour 10 minutes. If you only have this long, STOP AND DO THE ESSAY.

It's better to **** a 10 marker up, than a 40 marker.
    What would be best to include in a conclusion to gain as much marks as possible? My conclusions seem to be vague so I doubt mine will be eorth 10 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samallsop123)
    Does anyone have any idea of what might come up for the tectonics short questions and essay question and the weather short questions and the essay question?
    I think it will be tsunamis.. reason being, it has been volcanoes for the last two years and our geog4 is on Earthquakes... or maybe plate tectonic theory. I dunno :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    if it comforts you I know nothing too...and I haven't slept properly in days because of this exam!
    You know more than you think! Ive seen responses to questions you've been asked

ReputationRep:
    Could I use Sarawak as a case study for LDC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khushaali)
    Are you joking!? How do you get time for that!
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    What would you write about if they asked a plate tectonics essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade10128)
    You know more than you think! Ive seen responses to questions you've been asked

that's the thing - it's all gone blank :/

ReputationRep:
    I don't think tectonic theory will come up this year as it came up last year :/
    onto weather and climate theory now. have kinda realised that it's all nonsense XD. end up learning like 40 pages of A4 for just 7 questions. 80% of it won't come up .

problem is, no-one knows which 80%!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    what are people doing for revision today? im just going thorugh all my case studies and writing plans for some 40 markers?
    we can do this guys! lets all pray for nice question :rolleyes: and anyway jan 13 was quite a tough paper so more likely this papers going to be reasonable

I bullet pointed just the key headings and stuff - and went over bits I was unsure on - case studies - well I don't think your going to end up writing hundreds of facts to be honest (it's only evidence to support your answer) and now I might chill, take a walk and try and relax so I have a good night sleep!

are you revising in the morning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    onto weather and climate theory now. have kinda realised that it's all nonsense XD. end up learning like 40 pages of A4 for just 7 questions. 80% of it won't come up .

problem is, no-one knows which 80%!

just bullet point the key stuff - then you will be able to recall it if you have learnt it before :P

ReputationRep:
    that's the thing - it's all gone blank :/
    Nah it'll all come to you in the exam you'll do great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxbillson)
    Discuss the issue: ‘No development without security and no security without development’.

ANYBODY?! :'(
    this is like the only essay i can do! Have you done Afghanistan?

In your introduction give the definitions of each and how it is difficult to have one without the other and why.

Case study- Afghanistan- brief background to the conflict

-talk about its low levels of development and security because of the conflict and how without the development it has low security, and without the security is won't develop.
    - what is being done- eg. british troops, UN,
    -conclusion- has it been successful? will it achieve security and develop etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade10128)
    Nah it'll all come to you in the exam you'll do great

Posted from TSR Mobile

so will you! you have been revising for ages haven't you ?

ReputationRep:
    just bullet point the key stuff - then you will be able to recall it if you have learnt it before :P
    i'm beyond hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    i'm beyond hope
    you will come out the exam feeling good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheldorofazaroth)
    What would be best to include in a conclusion to gain as much marks as possible? My conclusions seem to be vague so I doubt mine will be eorth 10 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Conclusions round off the argument, in every single essay there should be some sort of argument, and you should come to a decision, quickly summarizing all your thoughts as eloquently as possible. If you do it right they completely level up the essay.

Doesn't mean you won't get those marks, but for the majority of people, developing a good conclusion would totally be the best thing you could do, with the least amount of effort required. If you leave it to the last 10 minutes ( trust me, your mind is crying out for rest, your shoulder will be almost bleeding at this point), you need to have pretty good mental stamina to do the essay last, and if you don't finish the conclusion you'll never forgive yourself for not doing it first.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.