Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I believe the point at which looking at this thread is more stressful than helpful has arrived! adios mis amigos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    exactly! that's why I don't want to get bogged down with case study material :P
    gotta love dat case study material

ReputationRep:
    exactly! that's why I don't want to get bogged down with case study material :P
    If you have a good understanding of case study, you should be fine. Knowing a couple of facts will make an answer 'explicit' as AQA like to put it, which basically means you know the case study in depth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    gotta love dat case study material
    (Original post by joereed)
    If you have a good understanding of case study, you should be fine. Knowing a couple of facts will make an answer 'explicit' as AQA like to put it, which basically means you know the case study in depth.
    I don't see writing **** loads of case study material in the exam - examiners say people lose marks by doing that? as the previous comment said it's about substance!

famous last words as I don't have much substance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joereed)
    Ahh!! Never knew what they meant by implicit and explicit in the mark scheme....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't see writing **** loads of case study material in the exam - examiners say people lose marks by doing that? as the previous comment said it's about substance!

famous last words as I don't have much substance
    idk bro, all the good answers like tier 4 and 5 have shizzzz loads of case study stuffz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    idk bro, all the good answers like tier 4 and 5 have shizzzz loads of case study stuffz
    How do you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)

oh crap :/

I read some examples in the book (study help one) and they don't have that many!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    How do you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    teacher showed us a few scripts that my school candidates had asked for a copy of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    Ahh!! Never knew what they meant by implicit and explicit in the mark scheme....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It took me a while to get it but explicit basically means you are able to provide good facts to back up your points. Implicit basically means you are able to make some good points, but are a bit general. That's the difference between L3 and L2, whereas L1 is very general, with little knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    oh crap :/

I read some examples in the book (study help one) and they don't have that many!
    tbh though I also strongly feel it's not just about what you know, but about how good you are at writing

which suckkkkkkkks

ReputationRep:
    lets say the tectonic essay was on plate tectonics, what case study material can you use for that then? and surely if there are some it there will be little examples anyway and so it means everyone will fail? lol

ReputationRep:
    What do people think the weather short answer questions and essay will be on?

ReputationRep:
    Could you use London as an example of MEDC sustainable transport? Buses, Oyster Cards, Congestion charge and the lot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalBen)
    Could you use London as an example of MEDC sustainable transport? Buses, Oyster Cards, Congestion charge and the lot?
    Defintely, providing you have some good notes on it, I guess it relieves congestion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalBen)
    Of course!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing ecosystems, have you revised life on walls? I have a sheet for it but its not on my checklist nor has there been a question relating to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Wise Ninja)
    Of course!
    How's revision going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    How's revision going?
    Taken a short break, all i've got left is notes on London Docklands regeneration which I will do in a sec then I have about 20 A4 sides of notes that i'm gonna read over like twice today and then in the morning before the exam so some mother****ing stats stick in this thick skull of mine!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the chances of a 40 marker for Dev&Glob being on NICs and TNCs? Perhaps LDCs too?

I've gone and limited myself to Development & Globalisation, World Cities and Tectonics because I detest Ecosystems, what if a really good Tectonics essay comes up now!

I'm incredibly crap at arguing in essays too, WHAT IS LIFE, I'M DOING THIS AT UNI

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.