Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing an all nighter ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bumble333)
    I wouldn't, brain cant function as well when tired haha. Besides, if I don't know it by now I'm not gonna know it by tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klaralpkbl)
    I'm frightened for the exam tomorrow! Ive made notes on 75% on what I need to know but havent memorised it properly. I still need to do the other 25%.
    It can't all be done by tomorrow. Total flop.
    I haven't revised a topic fully yet. just bits and bobs. only started yesterday. And Havent revised for 3 hours either. There is still a LOT of time. Don't waste time from now, im not. gonna have my tea. But youd be surprised how much the human mind can take in! I need to do 3 topics now.

ReputationRep:
    Considering it but without sleep the extra revision will have less chance of sinking in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawg)
    For people doing World Cities, have you guys got more than one case study for Urbanisation? I've got Mumbai but that's hit. Just worried in case it comes up in the essay.
    I've done Mumbai, plus the generic reasons behind urbanisation, which I would link to industrial revolution and growth of UK cities if I had to, just off the top of my head.

ReputationRep:
    Theres is so much to know for this, i only know the case studies for the big essays but for the little questions i almost have no firuges. I have went through the vast majority of it but nothings sticking in. ;_;

Also can anyone give advice on how to handle the questions using figures/data/pictures and how to structure the 7, 8 and 10 mark questions please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattypt)
    Considering it but without sleep the extra revision will have less chance of sinking in
    I did an all nighter last year for AS geography exactly the same situation where I only revised the night before and came out with 134/140 so it obviously worked for me ! But I was So lucky with my predictions last year as all of them came up finding it hard to predict this year so not sure the outcome will be as good :/

ReputationRep:
    who thinks climate change and like thing to do with the atmosphere and stuff will come up in Weather,, what do people think will come up? ITCZ, British Isles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samallsop123)
    who thinks climate change and like thing to do with the atmosphere and stuff will come up in Weather,, what do people think will come up? ITCZ, British Isles?
    just hope its not climate change, I reckon urban climates due an outing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ontnorth)
    You learnt any case studies for urban areas modifying their climates?

ReputationRep:
    ITCZ is so boring. Would completely flop if it came up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaden)
    You learnt any case studies for urban areas modifying their climates?
    I have -> Shanghai. Teacher says its best to know 1 or 2 as backup, but no more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ontnorth)

If i were a betting man i would put money on either a Urban Heat Island question(Probably the one with the diagram) or something about the formation of a depression. Pretty positive tropical climates wont come up again due to the previous paper but you never know with AQA. They are a shneaky bunch haha.

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean when you say urban areas modifying their climates? what would you include...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ysiad)
    what do you mean when you say urban areas modifying their climates? what would you include...
    Im assuming he's talking about urban heat islands

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a model answer for the 40 mark essay for the January 2012 question - To what extent can preparedness and planning mitigate the effects of volcanic hazards?? Have a feeling the tectonics essay could be quite similar after 2 papers without vulcanicity!

ReputationRep:
    I did an all nighter last year for AS geography exactly the same situation where I only revised the night before and came out with 134/140 so it obviously worked for me ! But I was So lucky with my predictions last year as all of them came up finding it hard to predict this year so not sure the outcome will be as good :/
    when you say all nighter, did you not sleep at all or went to sleep like 4am??

ReputationRep:
    Nice that seemed to work quite well then! What topics do you do and what do you think will come up on them?

ReputationRep:
    Im not revising Volcano's as well, not for short answer questions

ReputationRep:
    Actually ecosystems isn't dull, its just very weird. Learning about ecologies on a railway line? Very strange indeed!

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.