Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    For structured questions on urbanisation, what would you include for planning and management issues? im using Mumbai as the case study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ontnorth)
    For structured questions on urbanisation, what would you include for planning and management issues? im using Mumbai as the case study
    Traffic, air pollution, inadequate housing off the top of my head

ReputationRep:
    Beginning to give up on revision hope now, sat here with a glass of wine hoping the school burns down overnight so I can get my target grade.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GT121)
    Im not revising Volcano's as well, not for short answer questions
    but what if it comes up ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuLinda95)
    Beginning to give up on revision hope now, sat here with a glass of wine hoping the school burns down overnight so I can get my target grade.....
    it's oh so easy with notes, impossible without.

hoping I have enough stats to base a 40 mark essay on! knowing only 10 stats for a 4 page essay seems a bit thin :/

ReputationRep:
    Fairly certain the following will come up:

Extrusive/Intrusive Landforms
    Climate Change
    TNC

REVISE!!

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys actually cram? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newgu)
    Fairly certain the following will come up:

Extrusive/Intrusive Landforms
    Climate Change
    TNC

REVISE!!
    lol fairly certain = I have no idea, i'm guessing based on previous questions

Then you realise the regeneration/redevelopment has come up in the last 6 World cities short answer questions.

To learn or not to learn, that is the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    How do you guys actually cram? lol
    Lol no idea, cramming geography is large ineffective for me .

Can't cram 40 pages of notes lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ontnorth)
    Huge amount of congestion which is being managed by a new Metro bus system being implemented, little education or healthcare which is being managed by the Slum Sanitation programme. Air pollution caused by little waste management, meaning that people have to burn their rubbish. Drain on water resources due to dense population, which is being managed by harvesting rainwater.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing plate tectonics, word cities and d&? What are your predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    Lol no idea, cramming geography is large ineffective for me .

Can't cram 40 pages of notes lol
    never actually tried it before so might go it a go lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    when you say all nighter, did you not sleep at all or went to sleep like 4am??
    I didn't sleep at all, I was awake for 36 hours was honestly hell but paid off!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    btw you left your surname on that excel file you posted - might wanna remove it but your choice
    oops ... oh well:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawg)
    For people doing World Cities, have you guys got more than one case study for Urbanisation? I've got Mumbai but that's hit. Just worried in case it comes up in the essay.
    We had the 'Shanghai as a megacity' geofile, so I have a few notes from that, but not a lot! I'm not planning on doing this as an essay though, hopefully if D+G is good, I won't even be doing structured questions!

ReputationRep:
    If you do tectonics essay, would you learn intrusive/extrusive features etc? or would aqa slip it in to a 40 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bumble333)
    I did an all nighter last year for AS geography exactly the same situation where I only revised the night before and came out with 134/140 so it obviously worked for me ! But I was So lucky with my predictions last year as all of them came up finding it hard to predict this year so not sure the outcome will be as good :/
    since gcse (a*) and as got like 122/140 I only revised geog the night before. However, im less confident for this. But lets see eh! good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexW1995)
    I hope not, I really hope 'trade vs aid' or something to do with aid to come up since it hasn't been asked since June 2010 (and even then it wasn't specifically asking about aid).
    tbh i really think we're going to get one on TNCs or LDCs - i would like both, but would prefer the latter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawg)
    For people doing World Cities, have you guys got more than one case study for Urbanisation? I've got Mumbai but that's hit. Just worried in case it comes up in the essay.
    I've got Sao Paulo too on top of Mumbai/Dharavia

ReputationRep:
    Sooo ****ed. Doing Plate tectonics, World Cities and Ecosystems.

Can't remember Ecosystems (We did in in class starting last June, a bloody year!), Plate Tectonics I'm feeling most confident on but I don't know everything in detail like lava types etc. World Cities I can't remember the case studies in enough detail for everything. Oh craaaap.

Ah well, let's cram this in now and between exams tomorrow!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.