Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    lol fairly certain = I have no idea, i'm guessing based on previous questions

Then you realise the regeneration/redevelopment has come up in the last 6 World cities short answer questions.

To learn or not to learn, that is the question
    NOT TO LEARN :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    any ideas on a basic structure for essays - I will be doing a physical one. We only ever did 2 practices and I'm rather worried now

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any world cities short answer question predictions?

ReputationRep:
    In conflict can you get asked a question like 'have the Millennium Development Goals been successful?' or basically how successful ways to tackle poverty has been?

ReputationRep:
    what is the likelihood of decentralisation coming up for World Cities *hopeful face*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Anyone doing plate tectonics, word cities and d&? What are your predictions?
    i am, but i have no idea /: i hope it's something like this though

Plate tectonics:

1. standard stimulus of a map or picture
    2. causes/characteristics of a tsunami
    3. theory of plate tectonics

World Cities:

1. normal stimulus
    2. process/causes of sub-urbanisation
    3. sustainable transport

Development& Globalisation (40)

something on LDCs or TNCs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxbillson)
    In conflict can you get asked a question like 'have the Millennium Development Goals been successful?' or basically how successful ways to tackle poverty has been?
    Yeah, you could get a 40 marker about how possible it is to solve poverty, or even a 10 marker on one scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V95)
    does anyone have any world cities short answer question predictions?
    redevelopment or regeneration

LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    Yeah, you could get a 40 marker about how possible it is to solve poverty, or even a 10 marker on one scheme.
    hate poverty cmon geographical impacts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattypt)
    Not sure about a specific mark seems quite good, possibly for extra detail you could add some of the following:

Fossils of the Mesosaurus have been found East South America and Southern Africa
    The rock type of the Appalachians of North America and the Scottish Highlands are both the same. No two granites are the same unless were formed together.
    Could also use the example of Hawaii on a hotspot, our theory of hotspots suggest they are stationary while there is a chain of islands ranging in ages which can show us plate movement and it's direction.
    ooh thats a good one, I'll be thanking you if that comes up tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V95)
    i am, but i have no idea /: i hope it's something like this though

Plate tectonics:

1. standard stimulus of a map or picture
    2. causes/characteristics of a tsunami
    3. theory of plate tectonics

World Cities:

1. normal stimulus
    2. process/causes of sub-urbanisation
    3. sustainable transport

Development& Globalisation (40)

something on LDCs or TNCs
    I would LOVE a question on TNC's i could write for hours and hours. I think you're right about urban processes, that would be quite easy i think though, the urban processes seem reasonably self explanatory to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newgu)
    Fairly certain the following will come up:

Extrusive/Intrusive Landforms
    Climate Change
    TNC

REVISE!!
    Is the intrusive/extrusive landforms for the 40 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    How do you guys actually cram? lol
    I think of stupid ways to learn stuff. Like composite cone volcanoes are pyramid shaped eg mt Etna in Sicily; pyramid = Egypt = Cleopatra, Sicily = near Italy = Cleopatra v Romans.

Sounds daft but it works for me!

Also like actions with your hands - calderas formed by explosive volcanoes (imagine doing that action with your hands) then you'd bring them back in like it's filling with water, and you'd imagined a crack noise when they exploded = KRAKatoa.

I'm hoping volcanoes comes up tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyopne have an exam tomorrow morning ?

ReputationRep:
    What are the chances of succession coming up on ecosystems? Haven't gone over it much and now i'm kinda bricking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    anyopne have an exam tomorrow morning ?
    general studies.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any really good TNC case studies?

ReputationRep:
    Have you all only done 3 topics? I have done Tectonics, Climate, Cities and Development, which is a bit annoying that we won't answer anything on one of them, but equally allows for one horrible question we can ignore!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any notes on case studies for URBANISATION apart from Mumbai? Would be much appreciated pleasssseeee x

ReputationRep:
    Name:  TSR.png
Views: 194
Size:  115.1 KB

We're famous!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.