The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2620
Lovely tectonics essay. Got anally penetrated by both 25 markers. What grade is 50 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LouisBoz
Lovely tectonics essay. Got anally penetrated by both 25 markers. What grade is 50 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure but the grade boundaries for Jan were 49 for a B and 56 for an A.
Reply 2622
What did everyone write about for the tectonics essay? Found it a bit confusing, otherwise a fair exam i guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2623
Ok I said i wasent going to go back to this thread but oh well

Generally was a good tectonic essay but I got ****ed with the ecosystem and world cities structured :/

predictions for grade boundaries? did you find it hard,easy or average?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2624
Did anyone do the world cities essay??
Reply 2625
What did people write for the tectonics essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2626
What did everyone put for the relationship between economic development and urbanisation for world cities?
Reply 2627
Original post by Goony123
Did anyone do the world cities essay??

yeah I thought it was a pretty nice essay, tectonics was sweet too, conflict and challenge, 10 marker especially made me want to die inside
What did anyone write for the tectonics 40 mark?? I babbled on about how economic development caused the hazard of loss of life and talked about the planning and responses in an LEDC (Montserrat) and MEDC (Mount st Helens) and then for the other factor I talked about location and said Montserrat was more remote than mt st Helens! absolute fail cos I felt like I was gonna throw up throughout! also what did anyone write for structured weather about winter anticyclone?!
I did the tectonics essay and found it a bit confusing actually haha, got part way through and thought holy **** I think I'm writing the wrong thing here! Ended up waffling on about a country's economic status and their prediction/planning/management methods and slipped in a bit about built up urban areas vs. urban areas and a few other bits I can't remember. A friend of mine wrote a bit about the different types of lava and stuff, I have no idea if I should have written that/what I should have written. But no point dwelling on the past, I'm one exam closer to freedom!! :biggrin:
Original post by flower124
What did anyone write for the tectonics 40 mark?? I babbled on about how economic development caused the hazard of loss of life and talked about the planning and responses in an LEDC (Montserrat) and MEDC (Mount st Helens) and then for the other factor I talked about location and said Montserrat was more remote than mt st Helens! absolute fail cos I felt like I was gonna throw up throughout! also what did anyone write for structured weather about winter anticyclone?!

I pretty much wrote the same for the tectonics essay!
Reply 2631
For the tectonics essay, I did 1) population density and population around the volcano, 2) wealth of the country allowing for hard strategies like lava blockades 3) monitoring and prediction leading to evacuation 4) weather during the eruption 5) type of hazard and volcano e.g. Pyroclastic flow.

Wasn't sure what it meant by analyse though. Does it mean how effective certain things are at influencing the hazards posed by volcanoes were?
So I ended up bringing myself back to this thread even when I promised myself I wouldnt.
But I answered as planned structured questions on weather and cities and the essay on tectonics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That went well...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa not
Reply 2634
How did everybody find the paper?

I did Tectonics, World Cities and D+G and thought it was a really nice paper!
Reply 2635
Original post by dawg
How did everybody find the paper?

I did Tectonics, World Cities and D+G and thought it was a really nice paper!

Did you do the 25 marker on world cities?
I thought that was horrid :s-smilie:

The World Cities questions, what the actual hell? :mad:
Reply 2637
Original post by Dhaden
Did you do the 25 marker on world cities?

Yup, was the simplest I thought. I talked about transport and environmental sustainability and population problems and social sustainability (reducing infant mortality rate etc).

Looking back I really should of talked about waste management, but I wrote 5 pages as it was

What did you write mate?
(edited 10 years ago)
I ended up answering 3 questions from section A and B and then did the world cities essay even though I had answered the world cities questions, because I'm a dope. I hated the world cities questions but loved the rest, anyone have a clue what the examiner is going to do?

And world cities essay, what did people talk about? I just talked about sustainable transport and waste management/ Masdar really, starting to dread august already.
That was the best exam ever! If I had written the exam I pretty much would have done that for the topics I did.

I did:

Tectonics 25 marker
Conflict 25 marker
World Cities Essay

So glad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending