Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexW1995)
    What question was this from???
    Mann Whitney tectonics, did you do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vdoto)
    I wrote like half a page, really couldn't think of anymore. I spoke to my friend and she said she did 2 sides for that question!! My third was ok, did 1 side and a bit. Which one did you do for the 40 mark?
    Looking back on it could of done Conflict instead or well, i did tectonic essay went pretty well i think your self?

ReputationRep:
    Need 86 for an A and I'm more confident I'll get it now than I was beforehand. Whoever did ecosystems in the structured question, what in the name of God was that picture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tulipsrock)
    it doesnt matter about time of day but time of year it does matter because potential hurricane time is dangerous for lahars and in the winter no possible risk of lahars because of frozen ground
    Sure there is a risk of Lahars in winter... volcanoes are hot... they could melt the snow, producing lots of water XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dholmes2013)
    Haha oops. Well I wrote about Basque Country mainly, then a bit on Kurdistan and another lengthy part on Scotland, but I didn't categorise issues into social, economic, political or stuff like that, I just did peaceful and non-peaceful consequences! Didn't write about Isreal-Palestine though, never studied it! Hope I still get some good marks despite not categorising them in that way
    Yeah I talked a bit about peaceful and non-peaceful consequences but didn't do loads on it. Still, the mark scheme is very generic so as long as you put together a well argued essay with good information then it should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    At the risk of pissing you off, after doing 2 of these exams and watching this one, the questions seem to be pretty ****ing fantastic this year around.

June always has higher grade boundaries, but I think we'll see it at least equal to June 2012 or a little higher.

Or perhaps its just you lot so pro.

Anyone tell me what the weather essay was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr DaMan)
    Need 86 for an A and I'm more confident I'll get it now than I was beforehand. Whoever did ecosystems in the structured question, what in the name of God was that picture?
    Pretty sure it was deforestation in order to mine for copper in the amazon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarkey1994)
    It couldn't have been any less clear. It was probably just a stupid moment but it looked like TDF to me and I had no idea what to identify. That'll be the worst answered question on the paper without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khushaali)
    Mann Whitney tectonics, did you do it?
    Ahhhh yes I did do it!!! Damn I must of completely did that question wrong, I didn't know anything about that!! I think i only commented and compared the data, soo gutted that I must of lost several marks there!!

ReputationRep:

I said iron...and I also said the lake in the middle could suggest hep to fuel the mining works - (like carajas)

fml

ReputationRep:
    How on earth did I choose the 2 HARDEST structured questions???? Tectonics was ok but the Mann Whitney U test??? Bit unfair for a Physical and Human paper. World Cities structured was a joke, I mean what the hell. Grade boundaries must be lower!

ReputationRep:
    I swear i saw some houses in that ecosystem extract or im going crazy ... or that picture just sucked...

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried now, I need 94 UMS to get an A! And I need that A! Can we all take a moment to pray for low grade boundaries/amazingly kind examiners!

ReputationRep:
    Shocking paper, sooooooo much revision and what came up was just awful, the parts I just didn't revise properly, I mean what even was that paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    I said iron...and I also said the lake in the middle could suggest hep to fuel the mining works - (like carajas)

fml
    Tbh it'll be the deforestation and its effects they will want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr DaMan)
    It couldn't have been any less clear. It was probably just a stupid moment but it looked like TDF to me and I had no idea what to identify. That'll be the worst answered question on the paper without a doubt.
    Yeah it was really unclear :L but its the deforestation they were looking for and anything else would be a bonus
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Completely blagged the first part of the tectonics question, never saw that ever in my life, hopefully I got top Level 1 for saying that was there...

Needed 38/90 for an A grade over all, so finger's crossed!!! I was quite happy with my Urbanisation essay... love anything related to sustainability

ReputationRep:
    Tbh it'll be the deforestation and its effects they will want

I didn't mention leaching of soils and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joereed)
    Shocking paper, sooooooo much revision and what came up was just awful, the parts I just didn't revise properly, I mean what even was that paper!
    I felt like this too, I revised some bits to perfection but thy didn't come up, the stuff I'd briefly learned did, I think I did okay to adapt but :/ which bits were you not expecting?

ReputationRep:
    im really worried im going to get marked doen for only talng about aid in the D&G essay??? whats the lowest they can give you?? and tbh i mainly talked about the reasons for them being LDCs.... SO WORRIED NOW!!!
    also for the world cites and tectonics 10 markers- where is say 'using examples' would you get marked down if you spoke about one casestudy only but in alot of depth??

i need an A to go to uni!!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.