Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    I missed so much out though
    Yeah but with some of the examples of answers that have got 9/10 we were shown you didn't need a lot! It's like if you match the right case study to a question boom minimum L2 marks at least!

ReputationRep:
    basically the bits I didn't revise came up! haha

ecologies on routeways? what the **** aqa
    Ecologies on routeways is a gift of a question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarkey1994)
    Yeah but with some of the examples of answers that have got 9/10 we were shown you didn't need a lot! It's like if you match the right case study to a question boom minimum L2 marks at least!

oh I meant for the 7 mark? for the biodiversity I defined it - spoke a little - how it is decreased (logging and hunting) and how it is increased (CACC)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomPugh)

i know! I just didn't expect it to come up for a 10 marker!

railways, roads and canals

ReputationRep:
    The earth has a fever. And the fever is rising
    We are what is wrong, and we must make it right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomPugh)
    All I wrote was railway and road sides, there wasn't anymore was there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    All I wrote was railway and road sides, there wasn't anymore was there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    canals - I talked about fish species and flies as I am a fisherman and it was just bg info!

ReputationRep:
    oh I meant for the 7 mark? for the biodiversity I defined it - spoke a little - how it is decreased (logging and hunting) and how it is increased (CACC)
    I talked about chumbe island in Zanzibar and how you affect it your gardens

ReputationRep:
    canals - I talked about fish species and flies as I am a fisherman and it was just bg info!
    fml... thats around 5 marks dropped then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    fml... thats around 5 marks dropped then
    nah! I think as long as you have two in detail!

ReputationRep:
    For the Climate essay I wrote about human causes and potential effects but then causes not related to humans as well as possible ways of slowing/reducing climate change. Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

ReputationRep:
    nah! I think as long as you have two in detail!
    i don't consider half a page in detail lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Does anybody else feel really pissed off that 96% of everything I spent hours churning into my brain made zero appearance on that test?

I honestly could have gone into that exam two weeks ago and come out with exactly the same mark, all the revision I did for 8 hours every day for the last two weeks came to absolutely nothing.

Sigh. Hate geography.
    I feel exactly the same as you don't worry. I think we'll ok in the end maybe? I think examiners can tell who actually knows their stuff even if they don't write it all down!

ReputationRep:
    Realistic prediction is probably 34 (structured) + 25 (essay) meaning 59 - if I took this in june 2012 I wouldn't get an A

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone write for that conflicts 7 marker? that was a *****

ReputationRep:
    Were you meant to compare an LEDC with an MEDC for the world cities about economic development and urbanisation? Cos I just talked about Mumbai being increasingly economically developed and a centre for world trade and Bollywood culture, so people move there in the expectation of getting a good job but this is under false pretences and they can't get houses so have to live in slums and talked about the problems of this and how they're managed?

ReputationRep:
    I did the Globalization and Development 25 mark and that was such a good Q! Ended up picked ecosystems for the next 25 mark, took me a while but figured it was mining in the rain forest, anyone else get that? Tectonics for the 40 marker, loved that Q, was so nice! Was panicking so much before the exam but I think it was a pretty good one overall

(Original post by conniemuir)
    I feel exactly the same as you don't worry. I think we'll ok in the end maybe? I think examiners can tell who actually knows their stuff even if they don't write it all down!
    Sigh. My answers made it look like I knew nothing at all. I could recite you anything about monsoons; winds, temp, air and precipitation in urban cities; tropical storms & case studies; air masses affecting Britain; origins of depressions; The Great Storm 1987 ETC ETC ETC and that is just weather alone! Let's not get started on Tectonics (I could recite you everything about the plate tectonic theory and all the dates and all the people ... sigh).

The one, single topic I did not have time to learn properly was the millionaire/mega cities bit for World Cities. I thought, there's no way that will come up It did. That was the one thing I knew nothing about.

I wish I could just turn back the last two weeks and tell myself not to bother.

ReputationRep:
    World cities essay I was talkin so much nonsense looking back.

ReputationRep:
    Separatism essay doesn't sound very popular, anyone who done it - what were the issues?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.