The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

oh, sometimes if I forgot the specific facts I just put "1000's of people" etc....hmm, was that a bad idea?
Original post by Gary
In my tectonic essay, i didnt really talk about how volcanoes occur and where they occur.... how many marks would i lose?

I don't think you will as long as you covered other points :P I didn't name types of volcanoes, only when talking about case studies...
what grade is 65 ums?? :smile:
Reply 3063
What grade is 77 UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3064
Original post by Daniel George
I don't think you will as long as you covered other points :P I didn't name types of volcanoes, only when talking about case studies...

mhmm lets hope so :P
Original post by JaayBiology
Going to sound completely stupid.. i need 120 ums out of 200 for an A* overall (between this unit 3 exam and 4b next week) does anyone know what grade i would need to get *roughly* to get 120 ums? :smile:

Do you mean 120 UMS to get an A overall? To get an A* you have to get 180 UMS (90%) at A2, with an overall 320 UMS (80%) across both years.

120 UMS is 60% which is a C.
Original post by ElChapo
Lmao! I came from Lanfranc - Firmed Loughborough and insured Surrey

I used to live round there back in the day haha. We got some guys from Lanfranc aswell, called Shamarke and Sreejith. What course you doin?
Original post by bluekipper
Do you mean 120 UMS to get an A overall? To get an A* you have to get 180 UMS (90%) at A2, with an overall 320 UMS (80%) across both years.

120 UMS is 60% which is a C.

I have no idea, this all confuses me, i got full ums at AS, and can remember my teacher saying something about needing 120, perhaps not :s :smile:
what grade is 65 ums?? :smile:

like a D
yes, anxious wait nonetheless! I really don't know what to expect!

Neither do I! Are you hoping for a particular grade for a uni offer?
I have no idea, this all confuses me, i got full ums at AS, and can remember my teacher saying something about needing 120, perhaps not :s :smile:

Well done for getting full UMS at AS, but you still need 180 UMS at A2, but yes you only need a C to get an A overall.
Original post by bluekipper
Well done for getting full UMS at AS, but you still need 180 UMS at A2, but yes you only need a C to get an A overall.

Cool, thanks for you help :smile:
There are alot of ways of approaching an essay so good luck everyone and they are difficult to compare answers to - stop stressing, I'm sure you all did better than you think :tongue: good luck everyone, I got 4A to focus on now!
Original post by clonedmemories
Neither do I! Are you hoping for a particular grade for a uni offer?

My uni offer is ABB, but it doesn't matter what I get the A in (music preferably) but I have always aimed for an A in geography overall :biggrin: would be over the moon - don't want to jinx myself though!

what about you?
Reply 3074
Original post by MSUddin
Can someone reassure me with the past few years grade boundaries? What was it to get an A? and do you reckon it will go up this year?

Anyone?
Anyone else for the 15 mark World Cities question (economic development and urbanisation)
talk about how there is a strong relationship which inevitably plateau's as economic development reaches high levels?

Talked about the UK pre industrialisation having a high rural population concentrated in agriculture (a primary sector economic activity) , but then as they developed through industrialisation (secondary sector) urbanisation occurred. Said how there were various push/pull factors based on this whole concept of economic development.

Evaluation point was to say that economic development at high levels, as in post industrial Britain has led to a regression of urbanisation and, in fact, increased counter urbanisation and suburbanisation as facilitated by economic development through increased affluence resulting in car ownership/second home buying in rural areas. Moreover, economic development has led to public transport provision facilitating this suburban life - this reduction in urbanisation.

The 7 markers and 8 markers were atrocious though.

Tectonics structured were alright. 8 marker had me repeating my self a lot.

Did separatism essay, and the word "issues" through me off though. Very difficult not to case study dump

Posted from TSR Mobile
My uni offer is ABB, but it doesn't matter what I get the A in (music preferably) but I have always aimed for an A in geography overall :biggrin: would be over the moon - don't want to jinx myself though!

what about you?

Trying to get AAA myself, but whether that will happen or not, who knows!? My insurance is AAB as well... I thought when I was choosing that it would be fine. Now I'm not so sure!

Have you applied for music, then? Whereabouts?
Original post by MSUddin
Anyone?

the thing is we don't know! it depends on the results as a whole :P

it seems everyone on TSR has done well, yet this is TSR! But I don't think it will be more than 62/63 despite being a nice paper!
Original post by clonedmemories
Trying to get AAA myself, but whether that will happen or not, who knows!? My insurance is AAB as well... I thought when I was choosing that it would be fine. Now I'm not so sure!

Have you applied for music, then? Whereabouts?

oh really, to study geography :smile: an Bristol! what about you?
oh really, to study geography :smile: an Bristol! what about you?

That sounds good! I'm going for FCH (geography, sociology and anthropology) at Exeter. So we wouldn't be too far away!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending