Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    has everyone revised their 3/4 topics for the exam?! ive only revised plate tectonics! is that really bad? do you think i should have covered all my 4 topics by now?

anyone else please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    has everyone revised their 3/4 topics for the exam?! ive only revised plate tectonics! is that really bad? do you think i should have covered all my 4 topics by now?

anyone else please?
    Would make sure that you revise 3 in detail by the exam, if you want to do the 4th then you can.

ReputationRep:

anyone else please?
    Depends. How much time will you have to revise Geography over the next three weeks?

I'll just be revising Geography for two weeks before the exam but I haven't done jack so far - nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:

anyone else please?
    I've only been taught three topics haha, but if I had been I think I would of probably just focused on three otherwise too much content!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just found this thread and had a read through, glad it's here! Picked up a few good revision techniques that I'll try out.

I've not done as much revision as I'd like for this yet, as I'm stressing about re-sit exams before! As soon as the re-sits are out of the way, I can properly concentrate on this

I'm doing Tectonics, Ecosystems, World Cities and Globalisation, although I'm not as confident with Globalisation, so (although I'll revise it all) I'll probably do the other three in the exam.

My revision so far has been collecting some decent text book notes and doing past papers. I think past papers are the best methods of revision. It's all well and good knowing the stuff, but I struggle with answering the questions correctly.

Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    In response to the user above, while I do find that past papers are a good means of revision- do you not find that it is a lot of time spent for only focusing on a single topic. Whereas revising from a text book or similar resource means you can cover more areas per hour? Just my opinion for geography, as they are just long questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Wise Ninja)
    In response to the user above, while I do find that past papers are a good means of revision- do you not find that it is a lot of time spent for only focusing on a single topic. Whereas revising from a text book or similar resource means you can cover more areas per hour? Just my opinion for geography, as they are just long questions.
    Past paper questions aren't that useful as the chief examiner says he never repeats questions, I look and them and check I could answer them, but don't do them properly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniS)
    Past paper questions aren't that useful as the chief examiner says he never repeats questions, I look and them and check I could answer them, but don't do them properly
    questions are never repeated, but there are some very similar questions. e.g. changing one word to ask for the opposite of something that has previously been asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheyroo)
    yeah im not liking weather, were about half way through it but its so dull
    yeah
    Im doing those four too... no idea which to revise...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracecooke55)
    Im doing those four too... no idea which to revise...
    i think a lot of its down to personal choice as to which topics you feel most confident on, im least confident on weather, we finished the content for it today but i dont like the topic still, so im going to revise world cities, development and globalisation, plate tectonics a lot, and then weather not quite as much but enough so i can have it as a back up incase the plate tectonics question is rubbish

ReputationRep:
    Generally not looking forward to the 40marker, don't see how an examiner can mark something out of 40 :/ hope they are not too harsh when marking the 40marker.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade10128)
    Copied and pasted from a few notes:

Re-urbanisation
    Characteristics, causes and effects
    Re-urbanisation is the movement of people into the city centre or inner city as part of urban regeneration. There are three main processes:
    • In-movement by individuals or groups of individuals into older housing that was in a state of disrepair and the improvement of that housing – gentrification
    • In-movement by people as part of large-scale investment programmes aimed at urban regeneration in a wider social, economic and physical sense – property-led regeneration schemes
    • The move towards sustainable communities, allowing individuals and communities who live in city centres to have access to a home, a job and a reliable income, with a reasonable quality of life and opportunities to maximise personal potential through education and health provision, and through participation in local democracies
    Thankyou for the nots and reply.
    This will help with my revision

ReputationRep:
    anyone have any recent case studies for tecs?

7th of may - 5 were killed when the mt mayon erupted (I'm sure people saw this on the news)

15th may Popocatepetl (mexico) has become active, emitting ash and steam - it is said 11,000 will need to be
    evacuated

seismic ones (thanks BBC)

A small earthquake was felt in parts of Wester Ross on Wednesday evening.
    The British Geological Survey recorded a 2.8 magnitude quake centred on Gairloch at 18:43. Local resident Roy MacIntyre told BBC Radio Scotland that he had felt the walls of his house shudder as if a large bus had passed by outside. Also on Wednesday, a 1.4 mag quake was felt south of Cannich in Strathglass at 07:43. A 1.3 mag earthquake was felt near Torridon in Wester Ross on 9 May.

I think it will be great if we could talk about recent events to use in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    anyone have any recent case studies for tecs?

7th of may - 5 were killed when the mt mayon erupted (I'm sure people saw this on the news)

15th may Popocatepetl (mexico) has become active, emitting ash and steam - it is said 11,000 will need to be
    evacuated

seismic ones (thanks BBC)

A small earthquake was felt in parts of Wester Ross on Wednesday evening.
    The British Geological Survey recorded a 2.8 magnitude quake centred on Gairloch at 18:43. Local resident Roy MacIntyre told BBC Radio Scotland that he had felt the walls of his house shudder as if a large bus had passed by outside. Also on Wednesday, a 1.4 mag quake was felt south of Cannich in Strathglass at 07:43. A 1.3 mag earthquake was felt near Torridon in Wester Ross on 9 May.

I think it will be great if we could talk about recent events to use in the exam!
    You could also add April 2013 - Sichuan, especially if this is one of your case studies as it is an interesting addition to your other facts and is evidence of how seismically active the fault line is. Although the recordings of magnitude vary (6.6 - 7.0), there were 200 deaths and numerous other socioeconomic impacts.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post42656462

please join me and my friend thought it would be good to put the odd case study in, and for revision purposes!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer_dreamer)
    You could also add April 2013 - Sichuan, especially if this is one of your case studies as it is an interesting addition to your other facts and is evidence of how seismically active the fault line is. Although the recordings of magnitude vary (6.6 - 7.0), there were 200 deaths and numerous other socioeconomic impacts.
    thanks! you can put it in this thread if you like?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post42656462

ReputationRep:
    does anyone please have the jan 2013 markscheme? need it urgently! thanks

ReputationRep:
    does anyone please have the jan 2013 markscheme? need it urgently! thanks
    see AQA for published dates, anyone that posts it is breaking copyright and if you urgently need it (no students do) then go and speak to your teacher.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a copy of the geography review of September 2007, page 21 that they would like to caption and post on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How hard is it to get above 80% in this exam?! i mean what are the stats from last year like in terms of the percentage that got A/A*?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.