Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have like a word file full of facts for a reurbanisation case study? Was never taught reurbanisation so don't know what to use!

ReputationRep:
    has everyone learnt all 3/4 topics and the casestudies?! ive only revised for 2 topics world cities and tectonics! but have only like made notes still have to memorize the fact ect! is this REALLY bad anyone please???! im like majorly stressing out right now!!

do you think its possible for me to still get an A (i got 124/140 and 56/60 last year at AS)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade10128)
    Yeah same, I doubt seismicitity will come up alone. Reckon it'll either be relating volcanicity/plate theory.
    There is limited things they can ask us for tectonics - yet they word the questions so awkwardly sometimes its difficult to understand what they are actually asking for. Damn AQA.
    Yeah, the wording can be strange. 'Evaluate plate tectonics theory' is one that throws me off. Evaluate it? In my other subjects this means weigh it up/criticise. The mark scheme mentions none of this, making me question why use 'evaluate'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    has everyone learnt all 3/4 topics and the casestudies?! ive only revised for 2 topics world cities and tectonics! but have only like made notes still have to memorize the fact ect! is this REALLY bad anyone please???! im like majorly stressing out right now!!

do you think its possible for me to still get an A (i got 124/140 and 56/60 last year at AS)
    Lol, i'm still making notes and plan to learn all the case studies plus the syllabus in the two days I have after my first exam before the geog3 exam!

Gonna be fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)

Don't worry. You'll have misconceptions on how much revision you should do if you read too many posts on TSR. As long as you get your head straight and do quality revision you'll be fine. I'll never understand the people who revise 5+ hours a day 3 months before exams; there's no need (in my opinion).

ReputationRep:
    For the jan 11 tectonics 40 marker

'Volcanic and seismic events are major pieces of evidence towards proving that plate tectonics theory is valid, discuss the extent to which you agree with this statment!

Would you not need to use a case study for this? And just simply talk about the theory and different associated plate margins?

The mark scheme doesn't really say you need to use case study examples for this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'm planning to do the short-answer questions for plate tectonics - does anyone have a prediction in what topic will come up in terms of vulcanicity and seismicity? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Would someone mind listing the different types of case studies we need for World Cities? because i've seen all different types of lists and i'm confused now as to what we do and don't have to learn. The book isn't that comprehensive in terms of case studies for the unit..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V95)
    i'm planning to do the short-answer questions for plate tectonics - does anyone have a prediction in what topic will come up in terms of vulcanicity and seismicity? thanks
    No prediction sheet, but volcanicty was the structured question in jan 2013 so probs tectonic theory/seismicity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade10128)
    No prediction sheet, but volcanicty was the structured question in jan 2013 so probs tectonic theory/seismicity
    that's what i was thinking, vulcanicity was also the structured question in june12!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V95)
    My teachers predictions are normally correct. She think it will be seismicity and the 8mkr or 7mk could be on tsumamis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacktomos95)
    My teachers predictions are normally correct. She think it will be seismicity and the 8mkr or 7mk could be on tsumamis

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are her predictions for the tectonics essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Jade10128;42762404]What are her predictions for the tectonics

Told us it could be something to do with hazards, mitigation and preparedness or a complete new title

For weather if ure doing that she said likely global warming essay but she could be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A global warming question would be lame!!! Cmon tropical revolving storms

NEED A REURBANISATION CASE STUSY PLEASE PEOPLE

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks for that! i've got a feeling the 8 marker may be on tectonic theories and the 10 marker on the impacts of a Tsunami - i really do hope seismicity comes up though, i prefer it to vulcaniciy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V95)
    thanks for that! i've got a feeling the 8 marker may be on tectonic theories and the 10 marker on the impacts of a Tsunami - i really do hope seismicity comes up though, i prefer it to vulcaniciy
    Won't be 10 marker on impacts because spec doesn't cover it- only causes and characteristics. I do like vulcanicity but got a feeling it will be a 25 marker on seismicity this summer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Won't be 10 marker on impacts because spec doesn't cover it- only causes and characteristics. I do like vulcanicity but got a feeling it will be a 25 marker on seismicity this summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh right, i really need to start using the spec. lol! so are you planning to defo do the tectonics 40 marker or are you leaving your options open?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V95)
    oh right, i really need to start using the spec. lol! so are you planning to defo do the tectonics 40 marker or are you leaving your options open?
    Leaving options open and decide on the day. I know I want to do a physical essay though. What about u? Do u know how u attempt the 7markers..like do you have a way of answering them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cmon guys, what reurbanisation case studies r u using?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    Cmon guys, what reurbanisation case studies r u using?
    Basically for re-urbanisation just use the property led and partnership case studies as they are methods of re-urbanisation. I used the docklands and hulme

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.