Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiejohnston)
    my 2 volcano case studies are mt etna, sicily and chaiten, chile which both seem to have a lot of information on the internet so seem like good ones to learn

Also, when people are writing about impacts, do you think it is better to split them into short-term and long-term or social, environmental, economic etc? I never know which is best!
    hey, urm probably into social, eco, env as its pretty simple to know what is long and short term but into both categories will be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    hey, urm probably into social, eco, env as its pretty simple to know what is long and short term but into both categories will be great!
    yeah, that's what i thought. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Wise Ninja)
    Also remember that you can't use Mt. St. Helens as a primary case study for an essay question as it is not within the last 30 years! :^_^:
    you can use Mt St Helens, its only 'ideally' within the last 30 years. I'm using it because thats the one we did in class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniS)
    you can use Mt St Helens, its only 'ideally' within the last 30 years. I'm using it because thats the one we did in class
    That's fair enough, we did tectonics back in December though and I can't remember it for Sh!t and my notes are awful! Always a case of re-learning the first few topics come exam time for me haha.

ReputationRep:
    That's fair enough, we did tectonics back in December though and I can't remember it for Sh!t and my notes are awful! Always a case of re-learning the first few topics come exam time for me haha.
    For 10 points (without cheating!), what is radiation fog?

ReputationRep:
    MT St Helens
    Nevado Del Ruiz are my volcanic case case studies

ReputationRep:
    Tectonics
    Etna & Nyragongo - Volcanoes
    Tohoku, Market Rasen, Haiti and Sichuan - Earthquakes
    Tohoku & La Cumbre Veija - Tsumanis

ReputationRep:
    Why are you all learning so many case studies 0.0 ....

I'm sticking to the bare minimum but learning lots of details

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    something along the lines of.....usually formed in the evening when the ground radiates the heat absorbed during the day back into the air, warming the lower air causing water droplets to form, hydroscopic nuclei allows it to condense. Mist <1km visibility fog > 1km visibility

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    I'm not doing Weather

ReputationRep:
    I'm not doing Weather
    lucky son of a [insert word here]

ReputationRep:
    HOWEVER, best 40 mark essay for me would be

"Tropical revolving storms are normally more damaging to LEDCs compared to MEDCs" Evaluate this view.

ReputationRep:
    For 10 bonus points anyone, outline the key concepts of both A'a and Pahoehoe Lava. (no cheating!)

ReputationRep:
    For 10 bonus points anyone, outline the key concepts of both A'a and Pahoehoe Lava. (no cheating!)
    a'a is like...oh **** - like hard

pahoehoe is like ropy type?

got me there....

FAIL

WHY CAN'T I SPEAK HAWAIIAN.

ReputationRep:
    WTF are they!!! Never heard of them!

ReputationRep:
    Two popular Hawaiian lava types, as in the structured questions they can ask you to describe up to 2 types!

ReputationRep:
    brah can I have 10 points anyway as it was my birthday yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    Two popular Hawaiian lava types, as in the structured questions they can ask you to describe up to 2 types!
    I coudl do andesitic and basaltic?

ReputationRep:

basaltic and andesitic/rhyolitic is the easier option for those who failed on the quick quiz*

me.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me in knowing how much detail/depth (the general length) a case study must be referred to? I don't want to tell the examiner a story if you know what I mean.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.