Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between a conurbation and an agglomeration? (World cities)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Wise Ninja)
    What's the difference between a conurbation and an agglomeration? (World cities)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    God knows (and cares )

Enlighten me

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm going to say that an agglomeration is a city/town and its suburbs all together and that a conurbation is a collection of more than one town and their suburbs

soo, uh London and its suburbs would be an agglomeration, but Medway is a conurbation because its made up of lots of towns e.g. Rochester and Chatham? i think

an agglomeration is an area and a conurbation is a collection of areas. Back to the medway example, chatham and its suburbs walderslade and lordswood is an agglomeration, but the collection of chatham, lordswood, walderslade and all the other towns and suburbs in medway is a conurbation

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here doing maths a level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep! hows the revision going? I done S1 the other week and was quite nice

ReputationRep:
    anyone else just totally unprepared and mortified for this exam

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Speaking!

ReputationRep:
    So much to learn, so little time! Having a serious meltdown ahhhh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abismall)
    So much to learn, so little time! Having a serious meltdown ahhhh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aren't we all. When is your first exam?

I don't even know the theory! I thought I did, but I look back on it now and i'm a flop

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maths and further maths, dying

ReputationRep:
    If I'm planning to take the exam like this:

Short questions as Ecosystems + globalisation and development
    Essay: Conflict

What would definitely not be needed to revise for all areas or in other words, what is needed for the conflict essay and not needed for ecosystems + development etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amclean)
    If I'm planning to take the exam like this:

Short questions as Ecosystems + globalisation and development
    Essay: Conflict

What would definitely not be needed to revise for all areas or in other words, what is needed for the conflict essay and not needed for ecosystems + development etc
    Nothing, sections of all units could come up in structured or essay I'm afraid so you gotta cover it all! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniS)
    Maths and further maths, dying
    Only got C3 and C4 left, I've been doing a past paper each day for C4 and C3 I have like 4 solid days to revise for

C4 is tough as sh!t though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    aren't we all. When is your first exam?

I don't even know the theory! I thought I did, but I look back on it now and i'm a flop
    First exam is English lit next Thursday which I'm feeling pretty good for, but I'm absolutely dreading this geography ! Me too! Thought I knew the basic theory, tried to do a couple of past papers and realised I actually know **** all! And I've not even started on case studies yet! So stressful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only got C3 and C4 left, I've been doing a past paper each day for C4 and C3 I have like 4 solid days to revise for

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What board is your C4? C4 is easy imo , let me know which q's you find difficult. When is your c4 exam

Planning to do geog and econ at uni

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone feeling about the theory? LIke structure of the earth etc?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much ready for this exam now, just need to make sure Im answering the question asked :P

don't see why you negged for this ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    What board is your C4? C4 is easy imo , let me know which q's you find difficult. When is your c4 exam

Planning to do geog and econ at uni
    OCR MEI Maths, the worse maths board in the world, if I dare say!

It's just all sorts of things, i'm okay with the actual theory but the way they hide the method you have to use so cryptically into the question is horrid!

Luckily I only need to average D's in C3 and C4...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing C3 too, nahh C4 is alright after loads and loads of questions all the vectors ones become the same. Geography is taking up too much of my time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    How is everyone feeling about the theory? LIke structure of the earth etc?
    pretty good man! what about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ALOHA everybody. I'm doing Plate Tectionics, World Cities, Globalisation & Development. How is everyone feeling?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.