Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    what case studies for volcanoes are people doing?! the ones i have dont seem very useful..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    hey seen as you got 80/80 on 4B you must've rocked that paper!! can you please give me some tips (obvs not directly related to the AIB as its completely different ) like how you revised for it, what resources you used and most importantly how long did you spend revising for it- how many days?

thank you!!
    Put bluntly, 3 days and lots of extra Internet research- I crammed it, my favourite style of revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamEastie)
    what case studies for volcanoes are people doing?! the ones i have dont seem very useful..
    gonna use nyiragongo and st helens after much thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamEastie)
    Soufriere Hills & Mt Etna x

ReputationRep:
    Just want to clarify, the Yellowstone volcano is caused by a hot spot underneath the continential crust?

ReputationRep:
    any predictions on what the world cities or conflict 40 marks could possibly be/not be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joereed)
    Just want to clarify, the Yellowstone volcano is caused by a hot spot underneath the continential crust?

yes. and according to studies the eruption takes place around every 650,000 years and causes a catastrophe on an unprecedented scale (why else would it be called a super-volcano).

the worst part is the last eruption was 650,000 years.

ReputationRep:
    What do we think could possibly come up for the 40 markers for World Cities and Development and Globalisation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    yes. and according to studies the eruption takes place around every 650,000 years and causes a catastrophe on an unprecedented scale (why else would it be called a super-volcano).

the worst part is the last eruption was 650,000 years.
    Cheers. Ive actually done quite a bit of revision for this but feel like nothing has gone in, what topics are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers. Ive actually done quite a bit of revision for this but feel like nothing has gone in, what topics are you doing?

me to, but trust me everyone is in the same boat once you write you probably notice that you remember or can recall a lot!

ecosystems, conflicts and tectonics. what about you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liabhimani)
    any predictions on what the world cities or conflict 40 marks could possibly be/not be?
    Cities - Probably sustainability or decentralisation, something along those lines.
    Challenges - Poverty or separatism.

ReputationRep:
    me to, but trust me everyone is in the same boat once you write you probably notice that you remember or can recall a lot!

ecosystems, conflicts and tectonics. what about you
    ecosystems tectonics and world cities, so your in the same boat that you have to a physical essay. Which one are you going to do? going through the topics I still cant decide, I have so many case studies/examples for the tropical rainforest and its a popular topic.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any evidence that suggests global warming is to do with the burning of fossil fuels

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ecosystems tectonics and world cities, so your in the same boat that you have to a physical essay. Which one are you going to do? going through the topics I still cant decide, I have so many case studies/examples for the tropical rainforest and its a popular topic.

I am most probably going to do tectonics unless the question is awful! but I will practice for both nonetheless!

oh me too - except now I have condensed it down to what I need to know - it becomes ridiculous otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    Cities - Probably sustainability or decentralisation, something along those lines.
    Challenges - Poverty or separatism.
    I hope not, would flop all four if they came up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    I hope not, would flop all four if they came up!
    I like sustainability, our class has done that to death. I was off ill when we did poverty so fingers crossed we avoid that. Ambivalent about the others. Decentralisation would be a bit meh.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me out in a section in globalisation and development please?
    I'm not really sure what sort of things to discuss in the Economic vs Environmental Sustainability, because our teacher didn't really go through this one, if anyone has notes/bullet points that'd be great! Thanks!

Oh and will we always get a choice of two of ec v env/sustainable tourism/traid v aid for a 10 mark question? That's what they seem to have done in the past

ReputationRep:
    I am most probably going to do tectonics unless the question is awful! but I will practice for both nonetheless!

oh me too - except now I have condensed it down to what I need to know - it becomes ridiculous otherwise!
    we spent so much time on the tropical rainforest!! Timing is a huge problem for this exam though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    They are not interchangable. Etna is MEDC and Pinatubo is LEDC. There are lots of good LEDC volcanoes, but very few good MEDC ones
    I guess I'm kind of interrupting your conversation here, but I think Iceland is a good MEDC for volcanoes ... does your school/college have access to the Geofiles? There's a good one on the Eyjafjatlajokull 2012 eruption! I guess there are probably some for Japan and New Zealand too, and Mt St Helens, although that's not too recent any more ...

ReputationRep:
    we spent so much time on the tropical rainforest!! Timing is a huge problem for this exam though

have you gone through any practice questions and timed yourself, we had one in lesson and it seemed okay - I think you will be fine I read the examiner reports the other week and even they said there seemed to be no timing issues!

anyway, you always seem to work 10x as fast in the actual exam :P

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.