Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joereed)
    I wish I accepted my offer from reading now! I remember ages ago you said your going to Cambridge to do geography, well done, this exam must be really important for an A*.
    I think Exeter's probably a touch better I think Reading isn't great but it's definitely improving. The uni at Exeter is far superior regardless. Just saw you take Latin, I'm incredibly jealous, I'd have loved to have taken it. Everyone at Cambridge is probably fluent

Cheers, and yeah I NEED that A*, I've worked about 6 hours a day for the past 4 days solely on Geography.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawg)
    You doing C3 or C4?
    both C3 is ok for now but C4 stresses me out big time, little mistakes throughout drop me so many marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    I think Exeter's probably a touch better I think Reading isn't great but it's definitely improving. The uni at Exeter is far superior regardless. Just saw you take Latin, I'm incredibly jealous, I'd have loved to have taken it. Everyone at Cambridge is probably fluent

Cheers, and yeah I NEED that A*, I've worked about 6 hours a day for the past 4 days solely on Geography.
    Latin is incredibly interesting, but very hard, my hardest A level. luckily I don't need it as part of my offer but I ma also hoping for an A* in geog. Got 74/80 in Geog4a and an A at AS so im hoping I could pull it out of the bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joereed)
    Latin is incredibly interesting, but very hard, my hardest A level. luckily I don't need it as part of my offer but I ma also hoping for an A* in geog. Got 74/80 in Geog4a and an A at AS so im hoping I could pull it out of the bag.
    i got 74/80 too :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    Need to learn to write faster in the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god how is one supposed to remember everything? There's just too much to learn- any last minute tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V95)
    i got 74/80 too :headbang:
    How do you guys do so well in Geog4a? It's so hard haha! Where do you get your info/notes from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    I think a dream set of questions for me would be:

Tectonics

7 marker on some sort of graph to do with the structure of the earth or types of lava
    8 marker on tsunamis
    10 marker on management of seismic events

Cities

7 marker on a photograph of an area asking why it's sustainable
    8 marker on pattern of world, millionaire and mega cities
    10 marker on sustainability

Challenges

40 marker on separatism.
    lol I thought this read 'I dreamed' haha
    all sounds good except the 10 mark on sustainability for cities ew! how do you think the 40 mark would be phrased though? They've done 'cause and consequences' for the last 40 mark right? I hope either separatism or poverty comes up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    How do you guys do so well in Geog4a? It's so hard haha! Where do you get your info/notes from?
    to be perfectly honest, i just made up a load of crap haha, i didn't think it went so well but i guess it did. as for notes, i just looked online for pro's and cons of different graphical/statistical techniques then i just made everything for the investigation up on the spot! just try and remember figures from when you did your investigation

ReputationRep:
    ew separatism!

Good luck to those who have exams today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    The same questions come up all the time, pretty much always starts with an aim/hypothesis question, then perhaps an evaluation question of one of your method or /statistical tool you used then what you could do to improve/ conclusions you came to if you look at past papers the questions don't vary that much and you can preplan your answers (this is what I did) for them, for the skills side it's fairly simple advantages/disadvantages of graphs, charts and statistical tools

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone using the Christchurch Earthquake as their MEDC earthquake case study? It would reduce the workload considerably seeing as it's going to be coming up in 4B too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knowledgecorruptz)
    Is anyone using the Christchurch Earthquake as their MEDC earthquake case study? It would reduce the workload considerably seeing as it's going to be coming up in 4B too.
    I was seriously considering it but i'm not sure, plus I've already learnt all my earthquake case studies.. I don't see why you couldn't tho

ReputationRep:
    i might reference to the christchurch earthquake but doubt im gonna use it since ive already learnt my case studies aswell

ReputationRep:
    just wondered how are people feeling about this exam now?? five days to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flower124)
    I was seriously considering it but i'm not sure, plus I've already learnt all my earthquake case studies.. I don't see why you couldn't tho
    That's what I figured but nobody seems to be using it. I'm just wondering if there's a reason behind that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    i might reference to the christchurch earthquake but doubt im gonna use it since ive already learnt my case studies aswell
    As someone who hasn't, do you see any reason I shouldn't use it? It's a solid case study, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knowledgecorruptz)
    As someone who hasn't, do you see any reason I shouldn't use it? It's a solid case study, right?
    If you have enough detail and have already done extra research on it then i dont see why not, cause at the momment i've hardly done anything for geog4b yet. I've only just got a few lines on the christchurch earthquake so thats the main reason why im not using it.

Overall, use it if you want, its personal preference and theres no reason why you shouldn't :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    If you have enough detail and have already done extra research on it then i dont see why not, cause at the momment i've hardly done anything for geog4b yet. I've only just got a few lines on the christchurch earthquake so thats the main reason why im not using it.

Overall, use it if you want, its personal preference and theres no reason why you shouldn't :P
    I've got no detail on it but I haven't got any on any other MEDC quakes either. At least this'll help slightly for 4B. I'm gonna have to do the extra research eventually - might as well kill two birds with one stone? Anyway, thanks, just wanted to be sure there was some other reason nobody's used it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flower124)
    just wondered how are people feeling about this exam now?? five days to go!
    Incredibly unprepared! Too much information! :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.