The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
Original post by JenniS
For all, don't worry too much it's just small things like issues of re-urbanisation might be original residents can't afford to live there anymore when people move back and house prices increase, management = certain percentage of affordable housing. that sort of thing! :smile:

Thanks!
So for suburbanisation: issues would be ensuring development on the green belt is restricted still and traffic congestion management?

Counter-urbanisation: issues would be maintaining the liveliness of the city area? Derelict buildings to be refurbished etcetc??

Urbanisation: issues would be ones revolving around sustainability?
Rapid urbanisation: issues are more focussed on health and social aspects? Development of squatter settlements and how to manage the risks?

The question marks show my uncertainty lol, if you could clarify those are correct, muchos appreciated!!:smile:
Reply 1601
Original post by niamh067
I always go with, "In conclusion, I agree/disagree with the statement because it can clearly be seen in this piece of evidence that the statement is supported. Although this piece of evidence suggests otherwise, it is not significant enough to compare with the original piece of evidence. So overall, [statement] is true/false.

I don't know if its any good, but my teachers haven't commented on it yet? So it can't be awful

Sounds nice and concise :smile:
Reply 1602
Original post by niamh067
I always go with, "In conclusion, I agree/disagree with the statement because it can clearly be seen in this piece of evidence that the statement is supported. Although this piece of evidence suggests otherwise, it is not significant enough to compare with the original piece of evidence. So overall, [statement] is true/false.

I don't know if its any good, but my teachers haven't commented on it yet? So it can't be awful

Seems like a really good way of writing it because I am usually just way too vague, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dawg
Yeah, it came up in the 40 mark essay which is a shame because I think it's the easiest to remember. I think it's probably going to be transport management in the essay this time round.

Could they really ask a question on just sustainable transport? Doesn't seem like much in the spec... If you had to do one, would a structure like this be ok

Why Transport is an issue

Possible individual ways

Case Study 1

Contrasted Case study 2

Conclusion?

Can't think much more to do
Reply 1604
Original post by ArsenalBen
Could they really ask a question on just sustainable transport? Doesn't seem like much in the spec... If you had to do one, would a structure like this be ok

Why Transport is an issue

Possible individual ways

Case Study 1

Contrasted Case study 2

Conclusion?

Can't think much more to do

They could do, or it could be to do with sustainable transport and waste management. But if it was just transport I'd structure my essay sorta like this.

-How the use of transport has changed in the UK ( rise of private car, reduction in use of busses and other public transport

-Problems that have arose from this (increase in urban traffic and pollution)

-How this problem is being tackled in the UK examples (Manchester Metrolink, Congestion charge)

-Compare the similiar problems that the UK have had with Mumbai and then contrast it's differen't approach (or whatever case study you used but Mumbai is a really good one)

-Conclusion
time to start cramming now hah! i know so little :frown:
is the london thames gateway development corporation a property led regeneration scheme?
Reply 1606
Original post by GeoggerH
Thanks!
So for suburbanisation: issues would be ensuring development on the green belt is restricted still and traffic congestion management?

Counter-urbanisation: issues would be maintaining the liveliness of the city area? Derelict buildings to be refurbished etcetc??

Urbanisation: issues would be ones revolving around sustainability?
Rapid urbanisation: issues are more focussed on health and social aspects? Development of squatter settlements and how to manage the risks?

The question marks show my uncertainty lol, if you could clarify those are correct, muchos appreciated!!:smile:

Yeh they're all right, guessing you've already got some case studies so just have a fact for some of those to whack out in a question and you're sorted :tongue:
can someone please explain conflict resolution including market processes and planning processes? Im getting so confused because my textbook is rubbish at this aspect :/ Thankss
Reply 1608
Original post by SamEastie
time to start cramming now hah! i know so little :frown:
is the london thames gateway development corporation a property led regeneration scheme?

according to the revision guide, Yes. :P
Original post by lucyv95
Anyone got any tips for writing the conclusion on the essay question? I always lose marks on the conclusion

I spoke to my teacher today as she suggested that for a conclusion you shouldn't be bringing in new ideas you haven't discussed previously. Talk about scale and size of things especially with physical topics. Finally address the title (to what extent) make it clear...to a large extent, to a small extent. This will make it clear to examiner you have a clear opinion which is what they like.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gary
according to the revision guide, Yes. :P

ahah i hope it is cos its my only case study for it!
Reply 1611
I wanna have a go at the Jan 13 tectonic 40 marker but don't really see the point when no one has to mark scheme =/
Reply 1612
Original post by Gary
i might reference to the christchurch earthquake but doubt im gonna use it since ive already learnt my case studies aswell

Are you doing Unit 4B as well? Because if you are how are you preparing for it?
Reply 1613
Does anyone know how many marks we'd need on this paper to get a D?
Get a D on this specific paper that is, not overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1614
Original post by JenniS
Yeh they're all right, guessing you've already got some case studies so just have a fact for some of those to whack out in a question and you're sorted :tongue:

Thank you soooo incredibly much!:tongue: Yep I have, boring enough all of my World Cities case studies are in the UK except for rapid urbanisation(Mumbai). How about chu?
What other topics are you doing, im doing D+G and Tectonics!
Reply 1615
Original post by GLOB
Does anyone know how many marks we'd need on this paper to get a D?
Get a D on this specific paper that is, not overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around 40 I think.
Reply 1616
Original post by NFLAlex
Are you doing Unit 4B as well? Because if you are how are you preparing for it?

Yeahh i am but im just gonna leave it till the last 3 days and cram it. Im just gonna do a lot of background research, make notes, revise the notes, annotate the graphs and thats all you can really do....
Reply 1617
Original post by CF25
Around 40 I think.

Thank you! But is that the raw mark or UMS? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1618
I can't really see what else they can ask for the tectonic 40 marker cause its either going to be: managment, tectonic theory or seismic/volcanic impacts.....
Reply 1619
Original post by GLOB
Thank you! But is that the raw mark or UMS? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

In januarys paper it was 37/90 raw marks for a D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending