Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Do you listen to Kpop? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if any TSRers listen to Kpop or watch Kdramas. I super love them. 2NE1, Bigbang, B.A.P and so on :cool: Share your story of Kpop and how you started listening to it. What groups do you listen to, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yes!! I think I've been listening to K-Pop since about 2009. My favourite band are SHINee (I am obsessed!), and I've liked B.A.P since their debut, they were amazing for rookies
    I'm mostly into the boy groups like Bigbang, Super Junior, CNBlue, TVXQ, MBLAQ, B1A4, NU'EST... I also don't mind Infinite, B2ST and U-Kiss, although I've only heard a few songs, however I like what I have heard from them!
    I also like 2NE1, as well as SNSD, Dal Shabet and recently Lee Hi (I like her new song 'It's Over', I wasn't much for '1,2,3,4'). I really like Hip-Hop too, Dynamic Duo, Leessang and Epik High are my favourites.

I also love Korean drama's too! My favourites would probably be Secret Garden, Big, Rooftop Prince, Lie To Me, Coffee Prince, Goong, Boys Over Flowers, Heartstrings, My girlfriend is a Gumiho, You're Beautiful and To The Beautiful You. That seem's like quite a lot, but I've seen quite a lot of drama's! I'm currently watching Innocent Man (Nice Guy).

Do you watch any variety shows or anything like that? I love Running Man if you know that, I watch it every week, and Family Outing (season 1) was really good!

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow. You listen to a lot of Kpop! Running Man. I know its really popular but I'm just not into variety shows. I watched the Idol episode though. (I truly support Monday couple though**)
    And omg, you have watched sooo many dramas! But I tell you, Nice Guy is amazing! Have you watched Soong Joong Ki's 'The Werewolf boy' movie? I loved it although it was a sad movie.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow. You listen to a lot of Kpop! Running Man. I know its really popular but I'm just not into variety shows. I watched the Idol episode though. (I truly support Monday couple though**)
    And omg, you have watched sooo many dramas! But I tell you, Nice Guy is amazing! Have you watched Soong Joong Ki's 'The Werewolf boy' movie? I loved it although it was a sad movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walkers38)
    I haven't seen that film (I've only seen a few Korean movies) but I'll maybe try and watch it sometime. I only knew about nice guy because of Joong Ki and Kwang Soo (due to being a fan of Running Man). I'm enjoying it so far, it's very different to the other drama's I've seen!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do! Has anyone here watched 'to the beautiful you'? It's awesome!

ReputationRep:
    KPop is awesome. But you guys should listen to C-Pop as well. Mainly taiwan singers/groups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celina10)
    I loved that drama! MinSul shipper here And the OSTs are great too especially the one by Taemin and the other one Stand Up - J-min.

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading this while wearing a BIGBANG t-shirt, haha. I saw them live in December - INCREDIBLE. <3

I've been listening to Korean pop for around 5 years. I like boy groups mainly - B2ST, BIGBANG, Boyfriend, D-NA, DBSK, JYJ, LED Apple, MBLAQ, SHINee, SuJu, TEEN TOP, etc. I've only seen a couple of the dramas (namely Boys Over Flowers and You're Beautiful). I much prefer their horror/thriller films - e.g. The Doll Master, Death Bell, I'm A Cyborg (But That's Ok), Old Boy, Thirst, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arirang)
    I listen to a load of different bands and tbh for years now I've almost listened to Kpop exclusively - I don't know who a lot of people in UK charts are anymore. I like B.A.P, all of BB's solo stuff, After School, SHINee, SNSD and T-Ara. ~
    Yeh same, been listening to KPOP since 2005 ish, then got got into cpop in around 2008/9. I can't name a single english song released in the past 3 years. (apart from the really famous ones that everyone tells you about)

btw there is a thread here guys- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post41746416

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if any TSRers listen to Kpop or watch Kdramas. I super love them. 2NE1, Bigbang, B.A.P and so on :cool: Share your story of Kpop and how you started listening to it. What groups do you listen to, etc.
    i started listening to k-pop almost two years ago, and then i think one of my favourite groups was Super Junior, although i love it and think it's great i just can't get myself into it that much, for me an important part of music is also knowing the words especially when i want to sing along, so i eventually stopped listening as i couldn't get into it much. but i started watching a few k-dramas recently and i love them! they've mostly been the romance ones though (Heartstrings, Playful Kiss and Dream High are the ones i've seen so far!)

ReputationRep:
    I loved that drama! MinSul shipper here And the OSTs are great too especially the one by Taemin and the other one Stand Up - J-min.
    Yeah me too, although my sister preferred the pairing with Eun Gyeol (,I think I spelled it right). And also Closer and the one by Onew was pretty good too. I really miss it, I watched in under a week, I'm so impatient. :P I wish I watched it slowly.

ReputationRep:
    I generally keep it under my hat but I am a massive Girl Generation fan

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give an answer why kpop is so addictive and engrossing? One group leads to another and before you realise, you can name all the people in a certain group, even if they are in a nine. :u:

Favourite groups: BAP, Big Bang, MBLAQ, 2NE1, Kara, Ailee and more...
    Other music I like which I classify as Korean but non-kpop: Verbal Jint, MFBTY, BuskerBusker

(Original post by CharliiW)
    X
    Do you watch any variety shows or anything like that? I love Running Man if you know that, I watch it every week, and Family Outing (season 1) was really good!
    Running Man is awesome, it's probably my favourite television show across any language. I don't watch it religiously but it's just about the only show I can guarantee to make me laugh out loud.

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE KPOP (although I've only been listening to it since August last year)

The groups I like are: SHINee (I am obsessed with them), EXO, Bigbang, SNSD, B.A.P, f(x) and FT Island.

I have seen To The Beautiful You and Boys Over Flowers and I am currently watching Playful Kiss.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a proud VIP and BlackJack ^^

Looking forward to 2ne1's comeback and the new BIGBANG subunit xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewayoftheninja)
    I'm a proud VIP and BlackJack ^^

Looking forward to 2ne1's comeback and the new BIGBANG subunit xD
    Big Bang have a subunit coming out? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxy-moron Prodigy)
    Big Bang have a subunit coming out? :eek:
    Apparently there will be one :ahee: ...after CL/2ne1 ~

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celina10)
    xx

ReputationRep:
    xx

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.