Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey there I'm trying to decide which university people would recommend for Politics and International Relations. I've been to both and I'll be going again since gaining offers from both of these. I think they're quite well regarded with employers and they're part of the Russell Group. I'm just wondering for anyone who's there or been there and studied this course or one similar what it's like.

I really like the look of both of these unis, they're both busy cities which is what I like, near to music and sports venues (I support Man United and Wales :rolleyes: ) This is one of the reasons I'm not too keen on Aberystwyth as it is quite out the way.

Also, what is the social like life in both of these, in terms on clubs, bars, pubs etc? And what societies are there at either one?

I appreciate any help you could give as this is a really important decision for me, thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Have you looked at the course structure of each? Uni courses will vary in terms of compulsory classes, available options, flexibility. It's good to work out which would best suit your interests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Jules)
    Have you looked at the course structure of each? Uni courses will vary in terms of compulsory classes, available options, flexibility. It's good to work out which would best suit your interests.
    Yeah I have for both. Both seem relatively similar but there aren't individual descriptions of the modules on Cardiff's website which says to me they don't take the course as seriously as Manchester does who have in depth descriptions of the individual modules. Thanks for your help

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.