Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is this bad or not? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Tbf that's like saying I have a penis so I am no different to Brad Pitt.
    Basically yes. I don't find Brad Pitt particularly attractive anyway but I sure as hell wouldn't waste money to have him prance around in front of me if that's ALL I'm getting.

What I meant was, she's just dancing for him. I don't see what anyone would get from that, and to pay for that when you can get that and more at home? If its a stag night thing, alright, I can understand that its a 'tradition' but I meant if this was something your partner regularly did.

Obviously, I'd be much more annoyed if he were to have seen a prostitute and I'd break up with him straight away but I could at least understand that, I mean he'd be getting sex - not just a **** tease. If any of that makes sense to anyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by benjamez)
    The desire to sleep with other people is completely natural. If you truly love your partner though and the relationship you have is great, that will always counterbalance and win out.
    You understand exactly how it is. I always fight the urge and now that urge has died down tbh.

(Original post by eliza.anne)
    Basically yes. I don't find Brad Pitt particularly attractive anyway but I sure as hell wouldn't waste money to have him prance around in front of me if that's ALL I'm getting.

What I meant was, she's just dancing for him. I don't see what anyone would get from that, and to pay for that when you can get that and more at home? If its a stag night thing, alright, I can understand that its a 'tradition' but I meant if this was something your partner regularly did.

Obviously, I'd be much more annoyed if he were to have seen a prostitute and I'd break up with him straight away but I could at least understand that, I mean he'd be getting sex - not just a **** tease. If any of that makes sense to anyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well she was model looking and rare. Also let me do things to her. How can u not understand this is different? Routine is boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well she was model looking and rare. Also let me do things to her. How can u not understand this is different? Routine is boring.
    I do understand that, as I said I'd understand if you were getting something other than just a dance from her. I mean, in all honesty if I were your girlfriend I would still feel very betrayed. I understand routine is boring but that just means you should focus on improving your sex life.

(Original post by eliza.anne)
    I do understand that, as I said I'd understand if you were getting something other than just a dance from her. I mean, in all honesty if I were your girlfriend I would still feel very betrayed. I understand routine is boring but that just means you should focus on improving your sex life.

That I would never do. Full on sex would be cruel on my gf. Even this is making me guilty. You could say I was trying to have fun within limits.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that it's something people should do in a relationship, unless they're in an open relationship or have agreed to it or something. However, if someone has done this and wants to do it again, or kind of wants to sleep around, then maybe he/she shouldn't be in that relationship. Their partner doesn't mean enough to them for them to be honest and loyal. In this case, you could say that that partner is cheating/lying/hiding something important, and they may both get hurt and probably break up.

Your relationship isn't like that though, because you regret doing it and it made you realise how much your girlfriend means to you. You were also really open with her about it which is awesome. Although it made you feel guilty and you both regret it happening, I think you've learnt from it and perhaps it's even made you a closer/stronger couple. Isn't learning together what relationships are about?

Don't see it as a setback. It happened and it's natural for you to have enjoyed it, but the point is that your girlfriend comes first in your mind. I think this turned out well. All the best to you two.

ReputationRep:
    It's a lot better than cheating on her with a woman the same age, an emotional cheating. Just a cheap fantasy thing.

(Original post by Orthonym)
    I don't think that it's something people should do in a relationship, unless they're in an open relationship or have agreed to it or something. However, if someone has done this and wants to do it again, or kind of wants to sleep around, then maybe he/she shouldn't be in that relationship. Their partner doesn't mean enough to them for them to be honest and loyal. In this case, you could say that that partner is cheating/lying/hiding something important, and they may both get hurt and probably break up.

Your relationship isn't like that though, because you regret doing it and it made you realise how much your girlfriend means to you. You were also really open with her about it which is awesome. Although it made you feel guilty and you both regret it happening, I think you've learnt from it and perhaps it's even made you a closer/stronger couple. Isn't learning together what relationships are about?

Don't see it as a setback. It happened and it's natural for you to have enjoyed it, but the point is that your girlfriend comes first in your mind. I think this turned out well. All the best to you two.
    Aw thanks Yeah she is ok about it but I feel guilty as I know she is blocking it out to an extent. I want to make her feel special, I do this everyday but need to do something even more nice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.