The Student Room Group

Physics 2014 Entry Hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by anniedavies
Wow you're so lucky! Are you a deferred entry then? And yeah it is - all the bits about clocks confused me a bit, I think I'd rather they just talk about waves!

Yeah I finished my A Levels last year :smile:

It was a bit convoluted how they explain it all really.
Ah I see! What grades did you get and where have you applied? And yeah definitely!
Reply 622
Original post by Moist Penguin
That is exactly how I feel except I applied to Bristol, Sheffield, Southampton, Leeds and Leicester. And good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 623
Original post by flaptoad
Oxford, Birmingham, Bath and Lancaster. Just one offer from any of these would make me so happy!

Also applied to Oxford and Lancaster, have u heard anything from Lancaster?
Reply 624
I have applied to Lancaster, Exeter and Oxford too! I have an interview at Lancaster so far - do you know how many people who get interviews there get an offer?

This link to another thread below may be of interest to you. There are only a few of us on there and it's died down in the last few days but there are some really helpful posts by a guy called Manitude on there (he is a current physics student at Lancaster).

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2494568
Reply 625
Ah I see! What grades did you get and where have you applied? And yeah definitely!

I got A*A*A*A in Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Biology. I've applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial, Manchester and Durham.
Reply 626
Original post by heather_2
Also applied to Oxford and Lancaster, have u heard anything from Lancaster?

Yes I have been invited for an interview.
Original post by alow
I got A*A*A*A in Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Biology. I've applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial, Manchester and Durham.

Wow that's amazing! How come you didn't get in first time?! I've applied to Manchester too - I loved it there! Oh btw - have you found it a big disadvantage not taking further maths? Because I haven't either and I'm worrying about it!
Original post by flaptoad
This link to another thread below may be of interest to you. There are only a few of us on there and it's died down in the last few days but there are some really helpful posts by a guy called Manitude on there (he is a current physics student at Lancaster).

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2494568

Thank you!
Reply 629
I have applied to Lancaster, Exeter and Oxford too! I have an interview at Lancaster so far - do you know how many people who get interviews there get an offer?

Don't know. Although Lancaster has 5 interview days which seems a lot so am thinking they invite many more than offers. Only a guess though.
Have you heard anything from Exeter? When is your interview at Lancaster?
Original post by heather_2
Don't know. Although Lancaster has 5 interview days which seems a lot so am thinking they invite many more than offers. Only a guess though.
Have you heard anything from Exeter? When is your interview at Lancaster?

No not yet, and I'm thinking of going on the 28th but I haven't booked yet - you?
Reply 631
Wow that's amazing! How come you didn't get in first time?! I've applied to Manchester too - I loved it there! Oh btw - have you found it a big disadvantage not taking further maths? Because I haven't either and I'm worrying about it!

I didn't apply for physics first time, I changed my mind and declined a bunch of offers.

Yeah Manchester does look really good!

I'm self teaching it in my gap year, but Warwick obviously didn't care about that as they gave me an offer with no conditions on what grade I get :smile:
Ahhh I see - I was panicking then! No way I would get in if you didn't! I looked at Warwick and loved the Uni but the course didn't really excite me which was a shame :P
Reply 633
Ahhh I see - I was panicking then! No way I would get in if you didn't! I looked at Warwick and loved the Uni but the course didn't really excite me which was a shame :P

I'm glad I reapplied though, I wasn't predicted an A* in physics so if I had applied for physics last year I wouldn't have had such a good chance.

Yeah the uni is really nice, fair enough if you didn't like the course though :smile:
That's good then! I'm predicted 3A*s this year so hopefully I'll get some offers! Yeah I was sad I didn't like the course!
Reply 635
That's good then! I'm predicted 3A*s this year so hopefully I'll get some offers! Yeah I was sad I didn't like the course!

With 3A* predictions I'm sure you will! You've applied to some great unis though :smile: I'd be happy going to any of the places I've abbplied tbh
Thank you! And yes me too - checking my emails all the time!
Reply 637
No not yet, and I'm thinking of going on the 28th but I haven't booked yet - you?

I have booked the 5th for Lancaster

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 638
Thank you! And yes me too - checking my emails all the time!

I've been checking track every ten minutes at work all day!
Original post by alow
I've been checking track every ten minutes at work all day!

I'm glad I'm not the only one going a bit mad! Just booked Lancaster Interview day - quite excited!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending