Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anniedavies)
    I'm glad I'm not the only one going a bit mad! Just booked Lancaster Interview day - quite excited!
    Nope you're definitely not!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Nope you're definitely not!

Good luck!
    haha! Thank you - you too! Not that you need it with your unconditional offer!! So jealous

ReputationRep:
    haha! Thank you - you too! Not that you need it with your unconditional offer!! So jealous
    I've got an interview at Manchester next week though so I need some luck for that haha

It did feel good to know I'm going to study physics next year no matter what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I've got an interview at Manchester next week though so I need some luck for that haha

It did feel good to know I'm going to study physics next year no matter what
    Oh okay then good luck and arw yeah I wish I had that! Do you think its a bad sign that I haven't been offered an interview at Manchester yet?

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay then good luck and arw yeah I wish I had that! Do you think its a bad sign that I haven't been offered an interview at Manchester yet?
    Thanks I doubt it is with your predicted grades, when did you send your application? I may have just offered an interview because I've already got my grades or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Thanks I doubt it is with your predicted grades, when did you send your application? I may have just offered an interview because I've already got my grades or something like that.
    I sent it on the 14th October and yeah maybe - okay I feel a bit better now! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I sent it on the 14th October and yeah maybe - okay I feel a bit better now! Thanks
    Well I sent mine on the 8th of October so that could be why, perhaps they're just interviewing based on when they received the applications. No problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Well I sent mine on the 8th of October so that could be why, perhaps they're just interviewing based on when they received the applications. No problem
    Ahhh okay that's good - have you ever thought about being a therapist?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh okay that's good - have you ever thought about being a therapist?
    Not exactly what I planned on doing with a physics degree :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Well... no I guess not

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Cambridge, Edinburgh, Leeds, UCL and Durham on the 3rd of October and still no reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Hey, I had an interview at Manchester yesterday for physics and astrophysics and they said that they're almost certainly going to give everyone who is invited to interview an offer. I guess that this counts for your interview day too, so just don't stress or anything! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtw95)
    Applied for Cambridge, Edinburgh, Leeds, UCL and Durham on the 3rd of October and still no reply
    I applied a week after you and I'm in the same position. It's so irritating not knowing what is going on with your application. The longer it goes on the less hopeful I become.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flaptoad)
    I applied a week after you and I'm in the same position. It's so irritating not knowing what is going on with your application. The longer it goes on the less hopeful I become.
    Its horrible, Durham just asked me for my UMS and I've got some visit day at Leeds. I'd kill to just know I had one offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofi.durward)
    Hey, I had an interview at Manchester yesterday for physics and astrophysics and they said that they're almost certainly going to give everyone who is invited to interview an offer. I guess that this counts for your interview day too, so just don't stress or anything! Best of luck
    Congrats on your (almost certain) offer!

Yeah I'd assume it would as I got my interview straight after I sent my application.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtw95)
    Its horrible, Durham just asked me for my UMS and I've got some visit day at Leeds. I'd kill to just know I had one offer
    I sent my application on 14th and received an offer from Edinburgh on 23rd. I think you should check EUCLID again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KorPhysicist)
    I sent my application on 14th and received an offer from Edinburgh on 23rd. I think you should check EUCLID again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've received an email from Edinburgh today saying that they will possibly make a decision about my application withink the next few weeks. Did you receive this email too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlariaM)
    I've received an email from Edinburgh today saying that they will possibly make a decision about my application withink the next few weeks. Did you receive this email too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I received that email today too! I'm now going to be anxiously checking my emails every 10 minutes haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bounce00100)
    Hey, I received that email today too! I'm now going to be anxiously checking my emails every 10 minutes haha!
    I did that even before getting the email, so now it's going to be even worse

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well... no I guess not
    I don't think it's a particularly popular career choice for physics grads!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.