Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by district9.75)
    Has anyone had an offer from Exeter for Physics yet? I've been to interview and have been waiting for over a week
    Manchester replied to me within 24 hours of interview, and Warwick didn't even interview!
    Still waiting..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who hasn't heard from Cambridge yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rmatthewc)
    Many universities offer a foundation year which no formal qualifications are required for, however you need to ring them up and talk to them about whether they feel you're suituble for the course, is sort it sooner rather than later as well!
    I think only Sussex offers Astronomy with a foundational year. However I don't want to ring them yet sicne I applied for medicine there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottylar)
    That's the poor quality teachers you get at blazer boy grammars

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Shut up scott hahaha

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no, I applied at Corpus Christi, you?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope. I've heard nothing from Homerton yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excal9)
    no, I applied at Corpus Christi, you?

(Original post by alow)
    Nope. I've heard nothing from Homerton yet.
    Glad its not just me, st John's

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay, at least I'm not the only one! Which programme have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Australia study! Hopefully that doesn't bring my offer up though, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    You should probably consider applying to a couple of ABB and maybe a BBB uni because those universities all have entry requirements higher than what you have at AS, so you don't find yourself missing your firm choice and insurance. Bear in mind that when a standard offer is something like AAA-ABB the lower is usually for contextual offers, which you have to have extenuating circumstances to get.
    Can you recommend any lower choice unis? Im hoping to apply tomoeeow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amylilac)
    Can you recommend any lower choice unis? Im hoping to apply tomoeeow!
    Loughborough, Strathclyde, Hertfordshire are ABB.

Use MyPhysicsCourse to find some at unis you like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hotpie)
    Well done! Which college have you applied to?
    I hate all you people with Durham offers aha! Well done guys when did you all send off your applications, what collages and when did you hear about it? I've applied to trev on the 9th Oct
    (Original post by LittleMissDancer)
    Congratulations to those with Durham offers... Did you apply for NatSci? And which colleges?

My application was sent on 3rd October to Grey college. Still waiting, not had an offer from anyone yet... And I'm getting impatient!
    I've applied for the 4 year MPhys at University College, application was sent 11th Oct I think.. They don't allocate colleges til Feb, but at least I'm in!

ReputationRep:
    I've now got an Interview at Corpus Christi (Cambridge) lasting 2 days for phys natsci

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received a letter from Exeters physics department? I got one saying they'll make a decision soon, but it had a handwritten message at the bottom from my interviewer saying I was a "driven student, able to approach problems in original ways". Did anyone else get anything like this?

ReputationRep:
    Australia study! Hopefully that doesn't bring my offer up though, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you had a letter come though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excal9)
    I've now got an Interview at Corpus Christi (Cambridge) lasting 2 days for phys natsci
    well done! two days?! my interviews are half an hour apart, so the whole process will be over and done with within an hour, which is weird and terrifying considering how much time goes into the preparation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsLeopard)
    well done! two days?! my interviews are half an hour apart, so the whole process will be over and done with within an hour, which is weird and terrifying considering how much time goes into the preparation
    Yeah, I was hoping it would be just the 1. I have a 1 hour test on the first day then two 40 minute interviews the following morning Now I can focus on a set date, and to be honest, I won't be too bothered if I get rejected, If I didn't get an interview I would have been annoyed. Have you known about yours long?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received a letter from Exeters physics department? I got one saying they'll make a decision soon, but it had a handwritten message at the bottom from my interviewer saying I was a "driven student, able to approach problems in original ways". Did anyone else get anything like this?
    Yeah I had a handwritten bit saying that the professor really enjoyed our discussion of antimatter haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had a handwritten bit saying that the professor really enjoyed our discussion of antimatter haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had the same, I guess they wrote it on most people's then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack_141)
    I had the same, I guess they wrote it on most people's then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, it probably means your more likely to pick them if they do something personal like that what did yours say?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.