Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Imperial do still have the slight edge on grades, with >50% of physics undergrads having 3 or more A*s, on a couple of the tables I looked at Imperial had better prospects than Cambridge and Manchester (probably from the networking advantages of being located in London).

I just hope I get an offer from Cambridge so I don't have to think about it :L
    when's your cambridge interview and what college did you apply to? best of luck! ive got mine at Churchill on wednesday so im preeetty nervous haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozden)
    when's your cambridge interview and what college did you apply to? best of luck! ive got mine at Churchill on wednesday so im preeetty nervous haha
    Mine's next Tuesday at Homerton

Thanks, and good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody going to be at Corpus Christi on the 11th and 12th? (this Wednesday and Thursday)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excal9)
    Is anybody going to be at Corpus Christi on the 11th and 12th? (this Wednesday and Thursday)
    Kings on Thursday :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    Kings on Thursday :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    good luck do you have a test or just interviews? (i have both)

ReputationRep:
    I've got mine on friday at Queens'. What are you guys doing as last minute prep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlariaM)
    I've got mine on friday at Queens'. What are you guys doing as last minute prep?
    I read the whole of QED today on the bus and in my free period. Been revising AS and I really need to go over waves and interference so ill do that tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing BPhO, PAT, MAT, STEP, etc. papers, revising AS&A2 stuff, reading journals, introductory undergrad texts, all the DEs and vectors stuff from FM. Plus hastily reading anything related to geology I own.

It's really amazing how much you can do in a week when you're panicked.
    (Original post by Goods)
    I read the whole of QED today on the bus and in my free period. Been revising AS and I really need to go over waves and interference so ill do that tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That reminds me, I should probably re-read QED as I mentioned it in my PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i wrote about a book in enjoying reading in my Ps. The guy who wrote it is interviewing me. Yeah, this is gonna be reeeeal fun

ReputationRep:
    i wrote about a book in enjoying reading in my Ps. The guy who wrote it is interviewing me. Yeah, this is gonna be reeeeal fun
    Damn. You better read it through a couple of times :lol:.

I'm glad I picked an author who's been dead more than two decades now.

ReputationRep:
    Also, if anyone's interested I started a thread about Cambridge vs Imperial for physics on /sci/ here. Pretty interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Damn. You better read it through a couple of times :lol:.

I'm glad I picked an author who's been dead more than two decades now.
    yeah, i have been doing. The problem is that its not a popsci book, it's a pretty heavy going qm book, though the maths is fine the way it's presented makes it awkward sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by alow)
    I've been doing BPhO, PAT, MAT, STEP, etc. papers, revising AS&A2 stuff, reading journals, introductory undergrad texts, all the DEs and vectors stuff from FM. Plus hastily reading anything related to geology I own.

It's really amazing how much you can do in a week when you're panicked.
    Yeah, it's true, these weeks have been seriously productive! (Although I have to admit I'm a bit exhausted now :P)

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i have been doing. The problem is that its not a popsci book, it's a pretty heavy going qm book, though the maths is fine the way it's presented makes it awkward sometimes.
    Ah okay, anything like that I've read I purposefully didn't mention so I would be the one to bring it up in the interview, not them asking nasty questions!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's true, these weeks have been seriously productive! (Although I have to admit I'm a bit exhausted now :P)
    Not long left!

I think I may stop doing any work until after Christmas once I've had my interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Not long left!

I think I may stop doing any work until after Christmas once I've had my interview
    I'll definitely do that, I need some relax

ReputationRep:
    that happened to me! except it was on the cambridge recommended reading list so I knew what I was getting myself into. I re-read it before the interview just in case anything came up, but as I suspected, we didn't discuss it at all. I thought it was probably unlikely that they'd spend valuable time in the interview going 'so, tell me about my book'

ReputationRep:
    SO EXCITED!
    I just added Birmingham to my choices. I know it's quite late, but it'll be fine
    It looks very nice, and I'm really looking forward to uni more and more, the more I read about it :P

ReputationRep:
    I just thought; most posts so far have been about physics (duh), but what else do us physicists get up to?
    I'd be interested to know how y'all spend the time you're not studying :P

Anyone fancy starting? GO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bassface)
    I just thought; most posts so far have been about physics (duh), but what else do us physicists get up to?
    I'd be interested to know how y'all spend the time you're not studying :P

Anyone fancy starting? GO!
    I play the piano and bass (both self taught) within my band just for fun! I have two dogs that I adore an so that involves lots of walking. I'm doing a charity cycle from London to Paris so I'm all cycled out at the moment! Ahaha

What about you?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.