The Student Room Group

Physics 2014 Entry Hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Original post by physicsnut
Guys don't want to you to become depressed but the interviewers no little about the process. Basically if its been 5weeks you've most likely been pooled and you may have to wait until late March for a decision.

I've already received an offer, was just passing on what I've been told. Wouldn't be too surprised if what your said was true though - my interviewer seemed like they didn't really know what was going to happen past interview, despite telling me to wait it out for 5 weeks max.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Timi797
I've already received an offer, was just passing on what I've been told. Wouldn't be too surprised if what your said was true though - my interviewer seemed like they didn't really know what was going to happen past interview, despite telling me to wait it out for 5 weeks max.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What I've said is definutely true. I'm a first year Imperial physics student now. Lots of experience from last year and accounts from other students. Either you get an offer within 4-5 weeks of interview or you have to wait until as late as April for a decision. Any questions about imperial feel free to ask me.

PS it wasn't specifically aimed at you. Jus the whole conversation and to everybody else.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1522
Offer from Cambridge! Conditional on an A in Further Maths :smile:
Original post by alow

Congratulations man, that's awesome :smile: which college have you applied to?
Reply 1524
Original post by QuantumHatter
Congratulations man, that's awesome :smile: which college have you applied to?

Thanks! :smile:

Homerton.
Reply 1525
Original post by alow

Awesome! Well done :smile:
Reply 1526
Original post by Jatom
Awesome! Well done :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Where are you still waiting to hear from?
Reply 1527
Original post by alow
Thank you :smile:

Where are you still waiting to hear from?

Oxford (they'll reply next week probably) and Imperial, haven't even had an interview there yet!
Reply 1528
Original post by Jatom
Oxford (they'll reply next week probably) and Imperial, haven't even had an interview there yet!

Good luck :smile:

Imperial must interview you soon, it's getting a bit ridiculous how long it's taking :lol:

I'm going to be spending a stupid amount of time studying for Further Maths now, gotta get that A!
Pooled by Cambridge (Peterhouse). Small amount of people that apply there I was surprised, especially considering my UMS is slightly below 93%. Suspect its more of a pity pool than anything else, so I guess its going to be Durham for me! :smile:
Reply 1530
Original post by King Hotpie
Pooled by Cambridge (Peterhouse). Small amount of people that apply there I was surprised, especially considering my UMS is slightly below 93%. Suspect its more of a pity pool than anything else, so I guess its going to be Durham for me! :smile:

If you got less than 93% they must have really liked you to pool you :smile:

Don't give up yet!
Reply 1531
Original post by alow
Good luck :smile:

Imperial must interview you soon, it's getting a bit ridiculous how long it's taking :lol:

I'm going to be spending a stupid amount of time studying for Further Maths now, gotta get that A!

I agree! I thought it'd be before any Oxbridge interviews, but I've had my Oxford interviews and still nothing from imperial! You'll get that :smile: work hard and you'll be fine! :biggrin:
Reply 1532
Original post by Jatom
I agree! I thought it'd be before any Oxbridge interviews, but I've had my Oxford interviews and still nothing from imperial! You'll get that :smile: work hard and you'll be fine! :biggrin:

Yeah it is a bit strange :confused:

At this rate you'll hear back from Oxford before getting anything from Imperial.

I'm sort of regretting putting that I'm going to do FP3 on the SAQ, I really enjoy the content but the exam questions can be awful :rolleyes:
Reply 1533
Original post by alow
Yeah it is a bit strange :confused:

At this rate you'll hear back from Oxford before getting anything from Imperial.

I'm sort of regretting putting that I'm going to do FP3 on the SAQ, I really enjoy the content but the exam questions can be awful :rolleyes:

At least you don't have to get an A* in it though :smile: Yeah I think I'll get an offer/rejection from Oxford before an interview invite from Imperial :s-smilie: haha
Reply 1534
Original post by Jatom
At least you don't have to get an A* in it though :smile: Yeah I think I'll get an offer/rejection from Oxford before an interview invite from Imperial :s-smilie: haha

I thought if I got in it would be an awful offer, like 90+ in every module, so I'm really happy about it being quite a nice offer :smile:

Probably, they start interviewing again in February/March, don't they? I think I only got an email about 3-4 weeks before the interview.
Reply 1535
OFFER FROM CAMBRIDGE :biggrin: (corpus christi) over the moon!
Reply 1536
Original post by excal9
OFFER FROM CAMBRIDGE :biggrin: (corpus christi) over the moon!

Congratulations!! :smile:
Reply 1537
Original post by alow
Congratulations!! :smile:

Reply 1538
Original post by excal9

:smile:

Just a bit :wink:

I really wasn't expecting it!
Reply 1539
Original post by alow
:smile:

Just a bit :wink:

I really wasn't expecting it!

Yeah, I thought my interview was average at best. Cinema me thinks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending