Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Durham but haven't heard anything from Imperial yet... I will be choosing between these two I think... If I get an offer from Imperial I'm not sure which to choose. Imperial is about 3-4 hours closer, which is a factor... But they both seem so similar reputation-wise but in very different locations. Help please? Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatom)
    Got an offer from Durham but haven't heard anything from Imperial yet... I will be choosing between these two I think... If I get an offer from Imperial I'm not sure which to choose. Imperial is about 3-4 hours closer, which is a factor... But they both seem so similar reputation-wise but in very different locations. Help please? Haha
    I'd go for Imperial.

Being in London it'll give you better job prospects due to all of the connections and networking it could offer you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I'd go for Imperial.

Being in London it'll give you better job prospects due to all of the connections and networking it could offer you.
    Might do! Hopefully I get an offer from them! I've never visited Durham though so I've got no idea if I'll even like it there I wouldn't mind an offer from imperial no matter what the conditions are

ReputationRep:
    Is there a chance there any chance UCL could hand out any more open day invitations or offers? My friend is going to the open day tomorrow, I didn't get a invite. Worried now 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyrose24)
    I've just received an offer from UCL. AAB. Reaally confused though as I've got an interview on Wednesday? I called them and they confirmed the offer is correct but I've still got to go on Wednesday. Has this happened to anybody else?
    I also have an offer for UCL, for Theoretical Physics MSci. I had my interview last Wednesday and i got some quite tough questions (I had to derive maxwells equations. Managed to trudge through that quite well, and it was really quite fun. My interviewer was brilliant). Now I am waiting for the date of my invitation to the departmental open day. I assume your wednesday open day is one of those.
    Anyway, enjoy, its really a great Uni.

ReputationRep:
    I have an A*A*A offer from Imperial which I'm going to firm, but I don't know which to insure out of Bristol AAB or A*AA for Warwick and Birmingham. I think I'm swaying towards Bristol. Opinions on these grades and universities?
    Anyone else in the position to firm/insure their offers? If so, what are your choices?

ReputationRep:
    As an international student, I got unconditional from Glasgow and conditional from Edinburgh (just need to submit my test scores since I've already met their requirement- pretty much an unconditional). Message me if you are thinking of going to Edinburgh
    And to others, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    My name is Sruthy (female, yes =D )
    I've applied to UCL, Edinburgh, Kent, Surrey and Hull (back-up)
    I thought I would put Hull as my back up, but I want to go to Kent so badly IF I don't get offers from UCL or Edinburgh (I haven't heard back from them yet, I've got offers from the rest!)
    I've taken Maths, Biology and Physics. I take 2 online courses on Astrobiology and I am doing my EPQ on how knowledge of life on Earth aids research in Astrobiology. I think you know which field of Astrophysics I'm most interested in
    I had plenty of other unis' prospectii as well but these were my top choices!
    I am so excited to study Astrophysics at uni, just 3-4 years one the one thing I love the most!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleac)
    Wow, nice one! I applied around 18th december. My maths let me down so i doubt i will get an offer anyway.
    So did you get a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saddle098)
    I have an A*A*A offer from Imperial which I'm going to firm, but I don't know which to insure out of Bristol AAB or A*AA for Warwick and Birmingham. I think I'm swaying towards Bristol. Opinions on these grades and universities?
    Anyone else in the position to firm/insure their offers? If so, what are your choices?
    If you're sure you can get at least one A* then go for Warwick or Bham as insurance, but if you have any doubt then go for Bristol.
    I live in Bristol atm and I think it would be a great place to go to uni, it's a nice place overall and theres a lot going on.
    I haven't seen Warwick but the Birmingham department was top-notch and everyone seemed real friendly. With Warwick I think most people have to live quite far away after first year so that's a negative to think about, although I know someone who just finished a physics degree there and overall she liked it.
    I hope that's helped in some way :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I'd go for Imperial.

I finally got an interview at Imperial any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatom)
    Congrats!

I'll send you a PM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatom)
    Woo well done! The interviews there seem really chilled out - I think it's almost as much about being able to look at the facilities and stuff at imperial, which are all really lovely. I got asked a couple of questions on my PS and then a nice mechanics question. Though I'm not sure if it's different applying post-A Level. Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsLeopard)
    Woo well done! The interviews there seem really chilled out - I think it's almost as much about being able to look at the facilities and stuff at imperial, which are all really lovely. I got asked a couple of questions on my PS and then a nice mechanics question. Though I'm not sure if it's different applying post-A Level. Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say if anything my Imperial interview was harder than my Cambridge one :lol:

Maybe it depends on who interviews you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I'd say if anything my Imperial interview was harder than my Cambridge one :lol:

Really? Weird! Maybe it does depend on the interviewer, though you'd think they would try to make it fair :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)

Really? Weird! Maybe it does depend on the interviewer, though you'd think they would try to make it fair :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had my imperial interview on the 30th of January, nearly been a month and I've heard nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsLeopard)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The maths in it was far harder although the interviewer told me that it wasn't usually that hard, just that I'd got through the first questions quickly so she moved onto harder ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tit)
    I had my imperial interview on the 30th of January, nearly been a month and I've heard nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't hear for just over three weeks after my interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I didn't hear for just over three weeks after my interview.
    I know a girl who got interviewed in late October and still hasn't heard...

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.