Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I joined a social group to meet new people. Last night I went to the group and this guy kept hovering around me, my friends were saying he wants to talk to you which I did think that. They left us to it, he said he lived about an hour away, we got on well and had loads in common and he bought me a drink. When everyone was going to move rooms he wanted us to stay in the other room to chat more.

We moved rooms anyway but I think that disturbed the conversation as it went awkward. He kept putting his arm around me and stroking my shoulder saying he was glad he met me and asked if I had I picked up on his signals that he was interested. I felt embarrassed as my friend's were watching. He moved my hair and said he wanted to whisper something which he gave me a cheeky kiss on my face.

He used a few cheesy chat up lines which I kept saying to him 'you're a womaniser' which he said he wasn't and was only having a laugh and said he was shocked I would say that. I went to the toilet and when I came back he asked if I wanted to sit down and said I need to kiss his cheek, he said this a few times. I told him twice a gentleman does not ask to do things like that (I know it wasn't a major kiss).

I chatted to a friend for a minute and he walked out and left without saying goodbye. Was he being a womaniser? Was I rude for saying those things? I don't get why he would join a social group an hour from home when there are ones in his hometown.

ReputationRep:
    I think he was a player as he was very foward with the shoulder touching,peck on the cheek,cheesey chat up lines .I think u did the right thing by keeping your composure.I think he thought a drink and a bit of flattery wud get him every where.And he high toed it because he knew it didnt wrk on u.And he doesnt go loco cos he s probably known as a serial player!If he was genuine he would hav asked u out on a date as he had shown interest in u for the evening and wud hav exchanged contact!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    sounds a bit of a creep to me.

a stranger doing those things seems really forward and 'after one thing'. I bet you felt very uncomfortable! I would have.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.