The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Law at Northumbria

I was skimming through the Northumbria Uni thread and couldn't spot a Law at Northumbria discussion so I decided to create one.

I just firmed my offer for Law (Exempting) M100 starting Sept 2013, anyone else looking to do so?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I have Northumbria as my insurance for law (exempting). You staying in halls mate?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Im in my first year at the moment, it's great you wont regret it :smile:
Bump, surely there are other law applicants out there?

Reply 4
Firmed my offer for Law with business a while ago now. Planning on staying in halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Crow93
Firmed my offer for Law with business a while ago now. Planning on staying in halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah mate. Filled in the accommodation application a while ago.

Think it was city, ensuite, double. Or something similar. So I have absolutely no idea where I'll be. Yourself?

Reply 6
Original post by ALNoguera
I was skimming through the Northumbria Uni thread and couldn't spot a Law at Northumbria discussion so I decided to create one.

I just firmed my offer for Law (Exempting) M100 starting Sept 2013, anyone else looking to do so?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's (exempting)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
Yeah mate. Filled in the accommodation application a while ago.

Think it was city, ensuite, double. Or something similar. So I have absolutely no idea where I'll be. Yourself?

Same here bud, though I think I chose city ensuite single and then the large option. Something along those lines anyway.

Camden court would be fantastic, as it's like a 2 minute walk to the building we'd be in. Honestly though, I couldn't care less where I end up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Crow93
Same here bud, though I think I chose city ensuite single and then the large option. Something along those lines anyway.

Camden court would be fantastic, as it's like a 2 minute walk to the building we'd be in. Honestly though, I couldn't care less where I end up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right. The general standard of accommodation looks great anyway. And I'm sure plenty of people will be social and up for a drink. Newcastle looks to be the place for all that!

You from the city mate?

Reply 9
Original post by jonchoongqx
What's (exempting)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a 4 year course that exempts you from having to do the LPC separately and you come out at the end with a masters level qualification. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
You're right. The general standard of accommodation looks great anyway. And I'm sure plenty of people will be social and up for a drink. Newcastle looks to be the place for all that!

You from the city mate?

Aye there's some shockers like, but that's mainly shared halls.

Aye I'm from the general direction, over Northumberland way so I'm about 20 minutes drive from Newcastle itself. What about yourself bud?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Care-Free
It's a 4 year course that exempts you from having to do the LPC separately and you come out at the end with a masters level qualification. :smile:

WHAT!? ERMAHHGERDDD.

How many universities offer this? :biggrin:
What's the requirement?
Original post by jonchoongqx
WHAT!? ERMAHHGERDDD.

How many universities offer this? :biggrin:
What's the requirement?

only 4 that i know off, cambridge, huddersfield, westminster and northumbria.

northumbria was ABB last year, not sure if its changed, the others were a bit higher :smile: x
Original post by Care-Free
only 4 that i know off, cambridge, huddersfield, westminster and northumbria.

northumbria was ABB last year, not sure if its changed, the others were a bit higher :smile: x

Thanks for the info! I'm sticking to QMUL and Nottingham :P
Original post by Crow93
Aye there's some shockers like, but that's mainly shared halls.

Aye I'm from the general direction, over Northumberland way so I'm about 20 minutes drive from Newcastle itself. What about yourself bud?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not too bad, you know the city well enough then?

I'm from the north of Ireland so I'll be flying over and setting up more or less permanently. My brother lives in Jesmond so he'll be close if end up at Northumbria.

I'm in halls for the general craic though, looks like a fun city. The fact that the course is exempting too, and the opportunities to study abroad, I'll be happy enough to go.

Have you seen many halls?

Reply 15
Firmed Law at Northumbria, also chosen City En Suite Large as my preference, can't wait to be up there and see what the city has to offer, heard it's buzzing on a night out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I was looking for one too!

But yeah I just confirmed my law choice too and Northumbria! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Sporiaa
Firmed Law at Northumbria, also chosen City En Suite Large as my preference, can't wait to be up there and see what the city has to offer, heard it's buzzing on a night out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you moving from? :smile:
It is brillant!
Reply 18
Original post by abisykesx
Where are you moving from? :smile:
It is brillant!

From Spain :smile: quite a journey!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Wow that is a long way!
Have you got anyone moving too or are you just by yourself?:smile: