Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have just got my January exam results back and I failed badly, I got a U in chemistry and biology, and a E in psychology. I spent a lot of time revising for them and don't think I can do well in these subjects. I don't know whether to quit and try going to a college next year and maybe do a BTEC. I wanted to go to uni to do a pharmacy course but I really don't know what to do anymore. I have no idea what I want to do when im older so was considering doing business BTEC course and then doing Business at university?

ReputationRep:
    Join the navy.

ReputationRep:
    January AS levels are far too early to tell if you will do badly, it's very common for people to perform poorly in their first AS exams Just talk to your teachers, get your scripts back to see where you went wrong, and hopefully you'll see what you need to do to improve next time!

Just remember, it's not the end of the world - you will get the hang of AS and A levels, it's just a matter of practice and dedication

ReputationRep:
    I would say if you really enjoy your subjects and you know you can put more time in and do better. Than go for it.

However if you really don't think you can put anymore time in than you already have, or you just plain don't enjoy them then perhaps it might be better to cut your losses and choose different A Levels or indeed do a BTEC.

However seeing as most BTECs and A Levels start in September anyway you might as well finish off the rest of this year and really go for it to see if you can do better.

However it's been years since I finished my A Levels so what do I know.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about it, its not the end of the world. you should retake it and use the grade that you got in January as a motivation to do better. June exams are easier than January and plus the grade boundaries were much higher compared to previous years.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.