Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am have applied to uni and got my conditional offers from my top 2 unis. my firm choice option is an offer of AAA and my "back up" option is Leicester with an offer of ABB. I have realised now that there is a reasonably high chance I may not get in to my first uni, so may end up going to Leicester. On Leicester's accommodation section on their website they say that you are only guaranteed a place in the Oadby Student Village if they are your firm choice.
    So i was wondering, what is the likelihood of me getting a place in the Oadby Student Village if Leicester are my back up option??
    I'd really appreciate some feedback, Thanks

ReputationRep:
    They were my backup too! I applied on the day applications opened, and they didn't give me an offer until the day before the deadline!!! I think they do it on purpose. Oadby is horrible anyway and so far from uni, I would suggest Opal Court.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessiStatham)
    They were my backup too! I applied on the day applications opened, and they didn't give me an offer until the day before the deadline!!! I think they do it on purpose. Oadby is horrible anyway and so far from uni, I would suggest Opal Court.
    Even though Oadby is really far away (so you'll probably need a bus pass or a bike) its still really sociable. Especially for nights out and to meet new first years. I would reccomend Oadby accomodation just because its where most of the first years will be. If you can't get that though, then Opal court/Nixon court would be good too

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.