Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Do you always park in the same space at work/uni everyday? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you always park in the same spot everyday?
    Yes or immediately next to it.
    75.00%
    I just park anywhere
    25.00%
    I deliberately park in different places.
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking this because at uni i have a spot where i always park and at work i do the same and wondered if i was just being weird or if it was common...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I used to!

My manager had one space in the car park and I had the one next but one to that (next one was the puddle space :yucky:) except if she was off, then I had her space.

Sent from my GT-S5363

ReputationRep:
    The same space? No, because they tend to get taken quickly.

I like to park within a certain area, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I used to!

My manager had one space in the car park and I had the one next but one to that (next one was the puddle space :yucky:) except if she was off, then I had her space.

Sent from my GT-S5363
    Nice to see i'm not the only one then.

(Original post by NathanW18)
    The same space? No, because they tend to get taken quickly.

I like to park within a certain area, though.
    You mean like the same corner of the car park?

ReputationRep:
    I think its pretty much like using the toilet. Men always seem to want to use the same urinal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T'archer)
    I think its pretty much like using the toilet. Men always seem to want to use the same urinal.
    Really? I just tend to sprint for the closest one when I need a pee badly.

ReputationRep:
    It's impossible - my University is at a hospital and the staff car parking is awful! You're lucky to even get a space let alone the same one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    You mean like the same corner of the car park?
    Yeah. I like to park as close to the office as I can.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see i'm not the only one
    This was at 6am and nobody else was stupid enough to be up then.

Once one guy thought we'd left a space for him, and then it rained and it was hilarious

Sent from my GT-S5363

ReputationRep:
    When I was at school, I parked in a particular spot. I chose it because it was close to my form room, so I could just run inside if it was raining.
    I didn't have to worry about anyone else parking there because it was a small spot between the building and a pipe. My car was small enough to fit (and my parking was better than most ) and I don't think I ever saw anyone else park there. Apart from my form tutor one morning, who did it deliberately to annoy me.

I've left my job now, but when I did work, I would always park under the tree. If I was on a morning and started at 7 I would always get the spot. However if I was on a late (start at 2) it would sometimes be taken so I'd have to park near the ambulance entrance instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    When I was at school, I parked in a particular spot. I chose it because it was close to my form room, so I could just run inside if it was raining.
    I didn't have to worry about anyone else parking there because it was a small spot between the building and a pipe. My car was small enough to fit (and my parking was better than most ) and I don't think I ever saw anyone else park there. Apart from my form tutor one morning, who did it deliberately to annoy me.

I've left my job now, but when I did work, I would always park under the tree. If I was on a morning and started at 7 I would always get the spot. However if I was on a late (start at 2) it would sometimes be taken so I'd have to park near the ambulance entrance instead.
    Ahhh, nice.

I had a similiar thing back at college, There was a weird half space right near the maths and science block that no car could fit in. Perfect for my motorbike though.

ReputationRep:
    I always park in the same spot, or at least along the same row .. mostly because its the place I'm least likely to be hit by another car! I actually get annoyed if I'm on a later shift and a customer had taken my spot, even though its not exactly their fault

ReputationRep:
    At my main job, i usually park in 1 of about 3 or 4 spaces along the same row. I park in one particular one if i can, but if its one of the days i start at 12, then its usually taken, so i park in one of the other couple along that row. There was this other space i used to like, but then my manager started a carpark war one day so i havent parked in it since.
    At my sunday job (mcdonalds), i always park in the same space. Partly because its near the door. And as i start at 6am, i am one of the first there, so im pertty much guaranteed to get it.

ReputationRep:
    I do, well within a metre. But that might be as it's doctors only parking and they haven't stopped me yet. Sometimes i have to move to the right slightly if another motorbike has beaten to the spot, but thats rare.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a human behaviour to use the same thing over if you have used it before. I don't know why but it seems to apply to a lot of things.

I certainly sit in the same seat on the bus, use the same locker, use the same treadmill, use the same rower, use the same washing machine at halls, if they are free of course.

Seems weird, since they are all the same, maybe it's a familiarity thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T'archer)
    I've only realised that I do this since reading this post.

It's almost like we are marking our territory.

ReputationRep:
    I made the mistake of parking under a tree once. NEVER AGAIN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    I do, well within a metre. But that might be as it's doctors only parking and they haven't stopped me yet. Sometimes i have to move to the right slightly if another motorbike has beaten to the spot, but thats rare.

Oooo, Sometimes i just want to doa PhD so i can park my bike in all the doctors parking sections everywhere....

(Original post by Runninground)
    I made the mistake of parking under a tree once. NEVER AGAIN.
    Vehicle covered in leaves/bird poo when you got back to it?

ReputationRep:
    As I'm on a motorbike, I always park in an oversized spot and share that with whoever puts their car there first.

Oooo, Sometimes i just want to doa PhD so i can park my bike in all the doctors parking sections everywhere....
    Being able to park pretty much anywhere not enough?

ReputationRep:
    Vehicle covered in leaves/bird poo when you got back to it?
    Yes- it was covered. Then it dries and you have to scrap it off when you try to wash the car -_-

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.