Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Snapchatting popular in UK? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone in the UK snapchat? I live in America but I'll be coming to England for uni in a few months. Snapchatting is really popular in America so I was just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately it is, it might just be popular at my uni though.

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of that, maybe i'm just not cool enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annarchy.)
    I've never heard of that, maybe i'm just not cool enough.
    Snapchatting is an app where you can send pictures to your friends for ten seconds or less and attach messages to them. It's extremely popular in the states haha it's very common for you to see people taking random selfies in public for snapchatting.

ReputationRep:
    So it's basically sexting without MMS charges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonoahx)
    So it's basically sexting without MMS charges?
    I guess some people do use it for that but my friends and I use it to send each other stupid faces or an embarrassing picture. Or if a message won't go through we can snapchat over wifi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siric)
    Snapchatting is an app where you can send pictures to your friends for ten seconds or less and attach messages to them. It's extremely popular in the states haha it's very common for you to see people taking random selfies in public for snapchatting.
    sounds hilarious, but it could easily be used for the other reasons too though surely

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is popular

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of it but it sounds interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Snapchatting is great fun and very popular in UK

ReputationRep:
    Yes! very addictive I love it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I use it with my friends quite a lot
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard of it, might need to check it out on the Google Play Store.

But everyone's heard of Instagram :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend do the exact same thing! It is so much fun! Snapchat 24/7!
    Snapchat me people: @cellulose

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siric)
    I guess some people do use it for that but my friends and I use it to send each other stupid faces or an embarrassing picture. Or if a message won't go through we can snapchat over wifi
    I don't understand how different it is to Kik or whatsapp? The only reason I've "needed" to use Kik over normal messaging is because I had to send a picture to someone (of a business card)

The other reason is, because I talk to people here, on Kik messenger, and for people who don't have unlimited text messages. Literally, the only real reason I have Kik/Whatsapp is because other people use them.

Id happily use bog standard messaging for normal texting (Apps are good for pictures though, but I very rarely send those)

ReputationRep:
    Difference with Snapchat is that you can edit the picture and write/draw on it and colour it in etc... And unlike whatsapp, the picture is only displayed for a limited time (set by the sender) so you can send a picture of you naked and the receiver wont be able to keep the picture, it will be displayed for X seconds and then disappear. Although that's completely flawed because you can just screenshot on an iPhone...

I hate Snapchat, it's very boring and I honestly couldn't care for 95% of the pictures sent. I deleted my account for it yesterday...

ReputationRep:
    It is really popular at warwick uni

ReputationRep:
    Snapchat is so addictive, im snapping everyday, even at work, i snapchat in the middle of town! And yes snapchatting is popular in the uk

ReputationRep:
    At first it was fun, but receiving vain selfies every half an hour from girls at my Uni is just plain annoying. I don't really care what you look like in the morning, or after you've gotten ready, or what you're making for lunch... :argh:

STAHP!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.