Turn on thread page Beta

Gap Year People watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    hey that's cool! one of my best mates is teaching bass guitar in his gap year - he can earn almost £20 an hour! i'm still doing basics - just learnt the 3 pt turn... what do u do in ur advanced motoring then? handbrake turns?

my money's dwindling quickly - i don't even know where it's going! :/
    no advanced motoring is just being safer and driving with the advanced driving system basically, you shouldn't do things like braking or accelerating when you go round corners, you shouldn't overlap your braking and gear changing- sounds weird but its good!!! you also get to 'use the car to its full potential' eg accelerate quickly etc...its good fun should have my test in a few weeks- :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    wow- where are you planning to travel??
    I should start to plan things, but I guess I'll end up buying a ticket to Bangkok or Rio and start from there. I just need to make up a plan for my mother...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wal)
    I should start to plan things, but I guess I'll end up buying a ticket to Bangkok or Rio and start from there. I just need to make up a plan for my mother...

lol...it would probably be better if you had some kind of plan..even if you don't end up sticking to it...otherwise you may end up staying in one place for the whole time...

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a gap year at the moment. I'm actually at work at the moment, which says alot about making the most of my gap year!

I'm working for mine, trying to save money for uni ('trying' being the key word there)

I've got my uni place and I'm off to Essex Uni in September, not living in halls but moving in with some friends that are there already.

I never really took the chance to do any travelling, but I am going to the Dominican Republic in June, so there's my bit of travelling for you!

I was also going to learn how to drive, but never got round to that either!

I think my gap year will be worthwhile though, already I'm looking forward to the whole uni experience, whereas last year I was dreading leaving home rather than looking forward to anything! I've gained some good experience where I'm working now, and (don't let your mouth drop open in shock) I'm actually looking forward to learning again!!! :-O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay)
    I'm on a gap year at the moment. I'm actually at work at the moment, which says alot about making the most of my gap year!

I'm working for mine, trying to save money for uni ('trying' being the key word there)

I've got my uni place and I'm off to Essex Uni in September, not living in halls but moving in with some friends that are there already.

I never really took the chance to do any travelling, but I am going to the Dominican Republic in June, so there's my bit of travelling for you!

I was also going to learn how to drive, but never got round to that either!

I think my gap year will be worthwhile though, already I'm looking forward to the whole uni experience, whereas last year I was dreading leaving home rather than looking forward to anything! I've gained some good experience where I'm working now, and (don't let your mouth drop open in shock) I'm actually looking forward to learning again!!! :-O
    i feel the same- i really want to go now and i really want to learn Its so hard to save money- there are so many temptations to spend it when you've got it!!

ReputationRep:
    i feel the same- i really want to go now and i really want to learn Its so hard to save money- there are so many temptations to spend it when you've got it!!
    Just to say, I really like your avatar because it reminds me of my girlfriend who loves piglet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    hey that's cool! one of my best mates is teaching bass guitar in his gap year - he can earn almost £20 an hour! i'm still doing basics - just learnt the 3 pt turn... what do u do in ur advanced motoring then? handbrake turns?

my money's dwindling quickly - i don't even know where it's going! :/
    how long will 3k last you at uni?!

ReputationRep:
    lol...it would probably be better if you had some kind of plan..even if you don't end up sticking to it...otherwise you may end up staying in one place for the whole time...
    I'm trying... I'll do a plan tomorrow, or wait, I'll do it the day after tomorrow...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.