Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Need help with some sentences? (For Speaking Assessment) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, just wanted to see if these following sentences are correct?

If I'm honest, I found that the journey to Pisa and Florence was more exciting than the sites in/of Florence.

• Si je suis honnete,j'ai trouvé que le voyage au Pise et Florence était plus passionnantque les sites de Florence.

I bought red trousers for my friend who only wears red clothes, but I also gave him a red pen.
    • j'ai acheté unpantalon rouge pour mon ami qui seulement porter des vetements rouge. mais J'ai lui donné unstylo rouge aussi.

Even though we didn't have a lot of time, I (was able to?) buy a lot of chocolate for my friends too.
    • Bien que nousn'ayons/avons (not sure) pas beacoup de temps, je pouvait acheter beacoup de chocolatpour mes amis aussi.

We haven't done much on subjunctive but I used a verb table to form my own sentence. We also have some set phrases to help us but none of them are in past tense.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Just a few minor things.

I would use à instead of au because towns generally aren't gendered.
    Si je suis honnête, j'ai trouvé que le voyage à Pise et Florence était plus passionnant que les sites de Florence.

Adverbs should come after the verb. Indirect object pronouns should be before the verb, thus je lui ai instead of je l'ai.
    J'ai acheté un pantalon rouge pour mon ami qui porte seulement des vêtements rouges, mais je lui ai donné un stylo rouge aussi.

Bien que is always followed by the subjunctive so ayons is good. I would also use the perfect instead of the imperfect for 'I was able to buy', because buying the chocs was a single action, not a continuous one.
    Bien que nous n'ayons pas beaucoup de temps, j'ai pu acheter beaucoup de chocolat pour mes amis aussi.

Also corrected a couple of spellings and agreements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailashes)
    Just a few minor things.

I would use à instead of au because towns generally aren't gendered.
    Si je suis honnête, j'ai trouvé que le voyage à Pise et Florence était plus passionnant que les sites de Florence.

Adverbs should come after the verb. Indirect object pronouns should be before the verb, thus je lui ai instead of je l'ai.
    J'ai acheté un pantalon rouge pour mon ami qui porte seulement des vêtements rouges, mais je lui ai donné un stylo rouge aussi.

Bien que is always followed by the subjunctive so ayons is good. I would also use the perfect instead of the imperfect for 'I was able to buy', because buying the chocs was a single action, not a continuous one.
    Bien que nous n'ayons pas beaucoup de temps, j'ai pu acheter beaucoup de chocolat pour mes amis aussi.

Also corrected a couple of spellings and agreements.
    Thanks so much!

I was also wondering if this is correct:

Personally, I love the beach, because they symbolise/represent summer to me.
    • Personellement, j'adore la plage, car ils représentent été pour moi. (not pronouncing the 'ent' on the end of représentent of course!)

ReputationRep:
    No problem! Sorry if it seems like I'm being overly pedantic or critical.

It represents rather than they represent because you said 'plage' in the singular just before. And it should be l'été, not just été. Other than that it seems good to me.
    Personnellement, j'adore la plage, parce qu'elle représente l'été pour moi.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.