The Student Room Group

A warning to the UK

A leftie German mayor has warned us in the UK, that a small influx of Romanians and Bulgarians has caused havoc in his town and that we can expect the same.

Reputable source as always.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2290480/Romanian-migrants-blamed-rise-crime-German-town-Duisburg.html

Surely this cant be good for the UK? I dont understand why anyone could be in favor of this.

Scroll to see replies

Neither do I, bloody madness
No sane person thinks that it's a good idea but very few politicians have the courage to do anything about it, they just act as if it isn't an issue.
Reply 3
Nonsense, I can't wait for the diversity that's going to be heading our way, just think of all the multi-ethnic enrichment we'll be able to enjoy!
(edited 11 years ago)
I might be more inclined to like the EU if it didn't have this stupid free movement policy.
Reply 5
Sign this petition to restrict Bulgarian and Romanians from entering the UK:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/41492

88,500 signatures. 100,00 for parliament time
Haha, it has already started. Many people come here looking for a better life but there are obviously others who are here to exploit the system. My area is crawling with the bad kind of immigrants. The ones who are extremely rude, commit crimes and constant pillage through the bins littering the whole street with rubbish, poor dustbin men. :frown:

My street now has prostitutes and pimps, the girls are eastern European and speak no English yet the police are utterly powerless. So you'd never know if the girls are being exploited seeing as their handlers are lurking in the background. Sad times. :bawling:
Reply 7
Original post by chefdave
Nonsense, I can't wait for the diversity that's going to be heading our way, just think of all the multi-ethnic enrichment we'll be able to enjoy!

think they missed the sarcasm.

O well, at least you got some red gems for it.
Once again, a show of shameless impotence from our 'government'.
Reply 9
Original post by Ace123
Sign this petition to restrict Bulgarian and Romanians from entering the UK:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/41492

88,500 signatures. 100,00 for parliament time

I fully support restricting access to Britain, but under EU rules we cannot stop them coming, due to the free movement policy. As this is one of the fundamental parts of the EU, we can hardly expect to be able to prohibit it. The only way to stop this would be to withdraw from the EU - something I may support, but not something that should be done quickly or as a reaction to a problem such as this, without a better consideration of other issues involved.
Reply 10
Original post by dj1015
think they missed the sarcasm.

O well, at least you got some red gems for it.

Haha, well if they were negging the idea 'diversity' or 'enrichment' I'd consider it a win anyway. Not much support those sort of things anymore, even from the looney left.
It's awful. I've always been an advocate of immigration but this is ridiculous.
Reply 12
Been reading the Daily Mail have we?
Original post by dj1015
A leftie German mayor has warned us in the UK, that a small influx of Romanians and Bulgarians has caused havoc in his town and that we can expect the same.

Reputable source as always.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2290480/Romanian-migrants-blamed-rise-crime-German-town-Duisburg.html

Surely this cant be good for the UK? I dont understand why anyone could be in favor of this.

bloody toff
Saw "a left wing German Mayor thinks...."

Decided to ignore the rest of the text.
Reply 15
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Saw "a left wing German Mayor thinks...."

Decided to ignore the rest of the text.

So you think these people coming to UK is a good thing?
Out of interest, do these Romanians and Bulgarians wear black and white striped pyjamas, sport a matt-black masquerade mask and frequently cackle sinisterly? I, for one, will be bolting the latch on my door!

Good grief, this is a bigger moral panic than the mods and the rockers.
Source: daily mail
Contents: bloody immigrants
Surprise: none
Its all about equality and not about discrimination, we could say this about all immigrants and no, we have to allow Romanians and Bulgarians in or we would be discriminating against them by basing them on stereotypes of violence.I believe that we should stop all immigration except for emergency purpose because people should get jobs in their own country but I do understand the poverty issues in other countries and I believe that the solution is to help out other countries instead of immigration by donating money and it is also the most moral thing to do because some people don't have the money to afford to immigrate anyway and this way people wouldn't need to leave their countries because there would be jobs and opportunities for them and I do understand our economic situation but I also understand that their poverty issues are more serious than our Economic crisis.
Original post by Ruffiio
Been reading the Daily Mail have we?

Well if he wanted to know about the relevant facts (including how ministers are **** scared of putting a number on how many are coming) he would have had to read it in the DM as most of political establishment and the left wing media are adopting an attitude of "Move along. Nothing to see here"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending