The Student Room Group

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jodie.irwin27
good predictions? nope! :frown: i'm not feeling confident at all towards my predictions because I know anything can come up.. I'm relying on Baron-Cohen and the biological approach (as everyone else is) but i'm not feeling very optimistic.

Im relying on that too! I keep thinking if that doesnt come up im screwed although I am revising everything else but just not in as much detail :frown:
Original post by random1234567
Im relying on that too! I keep thinking if that doesnt come up im screwed although I am revising everything else but just not in as much detail :frown:

same :frown: ahh i'm gonna be so god damn nervous before this exam.
what is a snapshot study?
Reply 683

my game plan is exactly the same as you guys. mainly focusing on baron cohen and physiological approach. if it doesnt come up looks like we just have to wing it guys :eek:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qs2xo
my game plan is exactly the same as you guys. mainly focusing on baron cohen and physiological approach. if it doesnt come up looks like we just have to wing it guys :eek:

Yeah :frown: I really hope it does come up otherwise I may have to make stuff up on the spot!

Me too if I dont see baron cohen I will cry lol
Reply 686
Two of you messaged me asking me to post the presentations i make for the studies so here they are! PLEASE remember these are not in full detail "per say" and some are brief so in the exam make sure you back the points up. I've only made 10 and the other 5 are from my school notes so sorry about that :s-smilie:
What grade do people think they'll get in this exam?

I'm going to be completely honest here. I've never been an A grade student so getting an A would be a long shot anyway. Without even doing the exam I'd say I'm likely to get a B if not then a C. Maybe on a really bad day a D.

It seems like everyone on here is revising something and taking a risk. And I just think what I won't revise will come up. :frown:

In comparison to the first exam... This is so hard. First one seems like a walk in the park. At the time it was tough but compared to this its nothing.

I can't help but feel negative. I feel drained from Psychology. The amount to remember is just so hard. If anyone gets an A in this exam I would be very shocked. I just think its really really tough. :frown:
Original post by ttreb
Two of you messaged me asking me to post the presentations i make for the studies so here they are! PLEASE remember these are not in full detail "per say" and some are brief so in the exam make sure you back the points up. I've only made 10 and the other 5 are from my school notes so sorry about that :s-smilie:

Nice thanks!
hey guys, found some good resources for the advantages and disadvantages of the physiological approach.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/revision-cards/ocr_as_psychology_core_studies_physiological_3

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/revision-cards/ocr_as_psychology_core_studies_physiological_4

if you want any for the other approaches, click on the persons name who created the resource :smile:
Original post by >Username<
What grade do people think they'll get in this exam?

I'm going to be completely honest here. I've never been an A grade student so getting an A would be a long shot anyway. Without even doing the exam I'd say I'm likely to get a B if not then a C. Maybe on a really bad day a D.

It seems like everyone on here is revising something and taking a risk. And I just think what I won't revise will come up. :frown:

In comparison to the first exam... This is so hard. First one seems like a walk in the park. At the time it was tough but compared to this its nothing.

I can't help but feel negative. I feel drained from Psychology. The amount to remember is just so hard. If anyone gets an A in this exam I would be very shocked. I just think its really really tough. :frown:

I know what you mean but the reason why im focusing on some stuff more then others is because theres just way too much content to remember :frown:
Im not too sure what grade ill get it really depends on what comes up and the biggest problem is that this paper is 70%
(edited 10 years ago)
I know what you mean but the reason why im focusing on some stuff more then others is because theres just way too much content to remember :frown:
Im not too sure what grade ill get it really depends on what comes up and the biggest problem is that this paper is 70%

Yeah, the biggest problem is it is worth 70%. Also, I think the main problem is you could start revising for this in lets say in January. But tbh, you would forget it. You have to start revising for this early but not too early because you'll just forget it. We covered a lot of the studies in September/October and we never went over them again. So now its like I'm learning them for the first time. :s-smilie:
Original post by viper1994
Hi guys, does anyone have any model answers for section C that they can post, I really need help I need to learn how to answer them and what to write.. any help will be appreciated thanks, good luck to everyone

What do you need help on specifically? I'll try my best to help you. :smile:

Original post by beckysoya
what is a snapshot study?

Snapshot study = A study that takes place in a day or so and not over a long period of time. So Bandura is a snapshot study as its just one day where Freud is not a snapshop study.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by >Username<
Yeah, the biggest problem is it is worth 70%. Also, I think the main problem is you could start revising for this in lets say in January. But tbh, you would forget it. You have to start revising for this early but not too early because you'll just forget it. We covered a lot of the studies in September/October and we never went over them again. So now its like I'm learning them for the first time. :s-smilie:

Yeah exactly but I feel guilty for not revising early though haha.
I know right it feels like we havent learnt them im just hoping I can get a B in this paper !
Yeah exactly but I feel guilty for not revising early though haha.
I know right it feels like we havent learnt them im just hoping I can get a B in this paper !

I feel guilty as well! But no matter what its never enough anyway. And yeah, a B in this paper would be decent. I think I could get an A in theory but its too hard. Anything could come up and I've not prepared for it. :frown:
Yup same situation here. I haven't covered much as i would have liked to. Is still have 9 studies to revise for section B and section C YET to prepare for. I have a bio exam tomorrow to so that limits my revision time.

Think i'm going to have to blag lots of the exam!. Just trying to be positive.
(edited 10 years ago)
Guys if i was to get an a in the psychological investigations exam, how much would i need in this exam to get an A overall?
Original post by leanne1996
Guys if i was to get an a in the psychological investigations exam, how much would i need in this exam to get an A overall?

It depends if you just scrape an A in psy inv you will need an A in this paper too!
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
Yup same situation here. I haven't covered much as i would have liked to. Is still have 9 studies to revise for section B and section C YET to prepare for. I have a bio exam tomorrow to so that limits my revision time.

Think i'm going to have to blag lots of the exam!. Just trying to be positive.

ahh goodluck in youre bio exam
Reply 699
So i'm doing model answers for Baron-Cohen and i'm answering the questions from Jan 09's paper but if Baron-Cohen, Reicher and Haslam and Sperry came up (considering they've only been asked once in the history of core studies papers) what issues would they compare th study on? If it is ecological validity, would it relate to it being a lab experiment, the sample, the method, Procedure? I'm confused

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending